The shot that counts

The_Real_TCIII

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm jealous of you guys that can shoot long range at home. I've got an elementary school behind me, I'm not going back to prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive to my parents place I can't shoot that far in my backyard unless I want to rope down the ravine to get the arrows 

So I didn't take any pics but apparently I could gain 20 fps if I shot maximas. I shoot piledrivers and those cheap Wal-Mart arrows I got last year at 249 consistent thru crono but neighbors red's at 271 consistent. I thought that was cool to see never shot thru a crono before....we both shoot almost exact specs htx 27.5 draw 55-60 draw

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So I didn't take any pics but apparently I could gain 20 fps if I shot maximas. I shoot piledrivers and those cheap Wal-Mart arrows I got last year at 249 consistent thru crono but neighbors red's at 271 consistent. I thought that was cool to see never shot thru a crono before....we both shoot almost exact specs htx 27.5 draw 55-60 draw

I shot the same ones and ditched them, I wanted that 20 feet!

I shot the same ones and ditched them, I wanted that 20 feet!

Lol...i like my pile drivers they have gone thru every deer and into ground half the arrow after that. Every deer except 1 dropped within view and they shoot great. I don't know that the 20fps is worth it to me. Not to mention I still have another dz new pile drivers and dz Wal-Mart arrows

• Like 1

Lol...i like my pile drivers they have gone thru every deer and into ground half the arrow after that. Every deer except 1 dropped within view and they shoot great. I don't know that the 20fps is worth it to me. Not to mention I still have another dz new pile drivers and dz Wal-Mart arrows

If we cross paths I'll give you these Mayhems
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

That is one thing that I liked about my setup I still got pass thru shots although I couldn't go through both shoulders just need to be a little more choosey with my shots. That being said I shot a nice buck straight on at 15 yards 10' off the ground in the neck above the brisket (just high enough to catch the spine) dropped him in his tracks and broke through the 1st vertebrate and lodged into the 2nd also caught the jugular. I couldn't believe the amount of damage that little 1" 75gr. BH on the 318 gr. arrow (total weight) did to that deer. Even for a light arrow my bow still packed a punch. Hit a buck through the shoulder blades with my new arrows weighing in at 348gr. complete, and no different results than my lighter 318 gr. setup. I just got to the point where I didn't want to spend more money on the lighter arrows. I did have a noticeable difference in speed just from the string twang to the target thump between the 2 setups.

• Like 1

That is one thing that I liked about my setup I still got pass thru shots although I couldn't go through both shoulders just need to be a little more choosey with my shots. That being said I shot a nice buck straight on at 15 yards 10' off the ground in the neck above the brisket (just high enough to catch the spine) dropped him in his tracks and broke through the 1st vertebrate and lodged into the 2nd also caught the jugular. I couldn't believe the amount of damage that little 1" 75gr. BH on the 318 gr. arrow (total weight) did to that deer. Even for a light arrow my bow still packed a punch. Hit a buck through the shoulder blades with my new arrows weighing in at 348gr. complete, and no different results than my lighter 318 gr. setup. I just got to the point where I didn't want to spend more money on the lighter arrows. I did have a noticeable difference in speed just from the string twang to the target thump between the 2 setups.
That's where I'm at I figured once the arrow hits the ground after a pass thru it goes in the practice arrow collection if not the junk arrow spot. Gets pricey when you start going thru 5 or 6 arrows a season shooting a deer fox yotes ect.

5 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

That's where I'm at I figured once the arrow hits the ground after a pass thru it goes in the practice arrow collection if not the junk arrow spot. Gets pricey when you start going thru 5 or 6 arrows a season shooting a deer fox yotes ect.

Most definitely, I was curious the other day and started pricing some lightweight shafts and for 1 doz. I'm looking at $115$150 for shaft only. Those DicksSportingGoods shafts for $30/doz work just fine for me.

• Like 1

I was just thinking I might look into the victory devastators that Dicks has on sale right now. I bought some Carbon express devastators 4 or 5 years ago and they were great arrows. 
I'm shooting ce pile drivers and mayhems both shoot very well for the money can't imagine those be any different

16 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I'm shooting ce pile drivers and mayhems both shoot very well for the money can't imagine those be any different

Theyre over a GPI lighter, but not nearly as tough IMO. I slapped the side of one and crushed it, that never happens with the CE

24 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

The mayhems? I thought they were ce? I knew they were lighter that's why I didn't cut them down so they weigh about the same as my pile drivers

No, the Victory cheapies from Dicks are lighter than the Mayhems but not nearly as durable in my experience. Im still going to hunt with the Victorys this year

Sorry guys but I'm lazy lol. I wasnt walking down to take a pic after only shooting one arrow, Had to make it worth my while!! lol Shot my first arrows of the season last night at 25, and boy I tell you I'm out of shape!! Wasnt too happy with my shooting .. Practice makes perfect!.. back to the gym! lol 

20170910_173952.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Sorry guys but I'm lazy lol. I wasnt walking down to take a pic after only shooting one arrow, Had to make it worth my while!! lol Shot my first arrows of the season last night at 25, and boy I tell you I'm out of shape!! Wasnt too happy with my shooting .. Practice makes perfect!.. back to the gym! lol 

20170910_173952.jpg

Looks like a dead deer to me

• Like 2