Sighting in with broadheads

OldNewbie

This is my second season bow hunting. Last season I sighted in with field points, and just hoped for the best after putting on broadheads. I did manage to kill the one deer I shot at. However, I resolved this year to 'do it right' and sight in and practice with broadheads before the season. 

I started doing that, and in the last couple of weeks I've ruined a Lumenok but cutting it in half with another broadhead, cut the fletching off of several arrows, embedded one in the pine tree behind the target... you get the picture.. If this keeps up I'll have to buy all new arrows and broadheads just before the season starts.

So my question is: how do you modify your practice/target shooting with broadheads, to avoid tearing up your arrows?  

Do you shoot each arrow at a different spot, and not worry about grouping?  Suggestions?  

Moog is spot on . 

My BH fly like my FP's , I rotate one practice BH on each of my arrows so I know each arrow is on with BH .

Then  I'll shoot 2 FP and 1 BH shooting the BH 1st .

The thing to do all the time is shoot each arrow at a different spot, however I like to see the groups .

Heck I may go out and shoot now soon as Will and Grace is over.