White squirrel

Had a white one a few blocks away we saw for 2 years   While out with daughter who was selling candy bars for ballet I asked someone about it. Said I hadn't seen it in a while. They said a neighbors cat killed it. There's one black squirrel and a fox squirrel ( big one )  I see where I hunt. Some areas have large black squirrel populations. 

Cool pic

I live in a small housing track with about 80 homes, there are about a dozen black squirrels in the back of the track and about a dozen or so  white squirrels  the front of the track. 

We see them on almost a daily basis, very comical in my opinion that they stay together with there color. I have lived here 3 years and have never seen them co mingle. 

• Like 1

Never saw a white squirrel....Black squirrels are quite common in this area....They are a color phase of the grey squirrel and I have read that blacks and greys can be born in the same litter..I have seen them intermingling with greys..  Last spring I watched  a black and a grey who were obviously romantically inclined...<<grin>.....

In Ontario, Canada where I hunt gobblers every spring, the majority of the squirrels are black .. I have only seen a couple of grey squirrels in the 20 years or so that have been hunting up there.

Edited by Pygmy