bench shooting ....... soon

Doc

Temperatures are getting to the point where I can start dragging the sand-bags, tripod, rifles and all that newly re-loaded ammo outdoors to the shooting bench on my rifle range out back and wake up all the residents of the valley .... lol. I've got a nice new Remington .223 that just simply needs to burn up some ammo. I also have a pretty significant volume of reloaded .22 Hornet ammo that needs testing. It'll be fun trying to put all the bullets in the same hole.

So, soon I'll be splitting my time between shooting the bow and shooting the rifles. Life is sweet!

Yeah I want to get my new slug gun out and sighted in, then my 223 is begging me to get a few rounds through it before I start going to work on the local chucks. My 30-30 needs a good workout, it has been in hibernation for 3 or 4 years. Maybe Ill even get some sporting clays in soon!  ;D

Did a bit of bench work yesterday.  I shot my 243 and 7-08.  Hung some steel at 253 yards (all the spot would allow) and had some fun.  My buddy brought his 25-06, 260 and 257 WBY Mag. 

In between snow squalls we had a great time.  I do enjoy shooting the rifles............ :)

Sounds like fun, Guys.. I have some reloads to check out in my 7mm08 and my M1,  plus I need to get the cobwebs out of my 9.3 x 62 for my moose hunt this fall...

I also have a NE Arms 17 HM2 to try out, so it will be ready for tree rats in the fall..

I need to get the mark II 22 out and shoot along with the encore and sight my impact back in after I switched scopes.  I go to the rod and gn club about every weekend anyway to plink. I wet a coupe weeks ago and shot some up.