Election Day!!

20 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

Why a no vote on the constitutional convention? I don't really have an opinion either way, but I am interested in hearing yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

aside from the massive money that will be spent in the process. it is about impossible to see any conservative movement in the amendments. Those that are going to end up selected during the delegate process will be entrenched cronies and politicians. MANY MANY from the Liberal areas of the State. Their proposals, if anything, will be leaning more to the left. Then any proposals have to go through the ratification process and these liberal leaning changes could get voted in.  (Just like Cuomo does). On the contrary, even if we are lucky enough to get a conservative leaning amendment out of the delegates, it will never get ratified. So in My mind, don't spend the money and don't leave the fox in charge of the hen house.  

I don't see anything positive coming out of a Constitutional Convention with the current state political make up. We are too far gone becasue of the metro areas and down state. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 3

I just quickly glanced at the Senate district map of NYS. It is VERY red. If 3 delegates are elected from each district, it would seem that the Republicans would far outnumber the Democrats. I could be very wrong here. This is the first time I've ever looked into this.

54 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

I just quickly glanced at the Senate district map of NYS. It is VERY red. If 3 delegates are elected from each district, it would seem that the Republicans would far outnumber the Democrats. I could be very wrong here. This is the first time I've ever looked into this.

I can see how it appears that way. But let me remind everyone that these same "red" elected representatives ARE the ones that lined right up to cast a yes vote for the Safe act. That should have never passed either given that map. 

Voted at lunch time, Number 77 for my district but everyone in town ran unopposed so I would not expect too high of a turnout.

Culver I definitely agree with your assessment of the constitutional convention. I had read some articles in favor of it from NYC that had proposed amendments such as changing the state legislature from a bicameral house to a mono-cameral assembly to remove any checks that upstate would have on NYC. And although it would be highly unlikely that something like that would pass, this is NYS and our political corruption seems to know no bounds so I voted no:mda:.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ontario Buckhunter said:

Voted at lunch time, Number 77 for my district but everyone in town ran unopposed so I would not expect too high of a turnout.

Culver I definitely agree with your assessment of the constitutional convention. I had read some articles in favor of it from NYC that had proposed amendments such as changing the state legislature from a bicameral house to a mono-cameral assembly to remove any checks that upstate would have on NYC. And although it would be highly unlikely that something like that would pass, this is NYS and our political corruption seems to know no bounds so I voted no:mda:.

LOL! That pretty much nails it. Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeBoy said:

So how is it that we have comrade Cuomo for governor and that pinko Schumer and Gillibrand as senators, and a nice shiny new "Safe act"? Any way you look at it, the same people that elected that merry band of commies and that assault on our second Amendment are the same influences that will come to bear in any Constitutional Convention.

• Like 3