Canned deer recipes

mattman77

I canned up some pints of venison from the swamp buck I shot this year. I want to know if anyone has recipes to use with canned meat. I added a boillon cube and pressure canned.

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have never heard of this, could you enlighten me on type of venison you are using, rear quarters cut up into stew cubes?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

I added a boillon cube to a few I have done in the past. was a bit too salty for my taste. I just cold pack with a touch of canning salt, couple cloves of hot garlic and a couple wedges of onion.  In some jars i tosses in a hot pepper or two. Those were the cans we ate it on crackers cols with hot mustard. I have done a quick canned venison stew. couple pints of venison. cans of cooked potatoes, canned peas or green beans, can of Italian style stewed tomatoes. (all the ones before this are added with the juice from the cans.  drained can of pearl onions and can of mushrooms.   Heat up, season to taste and thicken with instant mashed potatoes. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TACC said:

I have never heard of this, could you enlighten me on type of venison you are using, rear quarters cut up into stew cubes?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

the crappiest cuts are made melt in your mouth tender canning it.  I use what would typically be stew meat. 

• Like 1

It also makes an excellent sandwich spread....Mix the contents of a pint jar with some mayo, maybe some minced onions and seasoning to your taste...Kind of like ham salad except with venison, instead... Good stuff....

Also makes hot venison sandwiches...Simply dump it in a saucepan with the liquid, heat and then thicken to make a gravy..I use corn starch....  Season to taste and serve over bread, bisquits, noodles or what ever... Makes you wanna SLAP yo MOMMA  !!

• Like 3