Fields of dreams

Took a different way down the hill on the way to work this morning as we see more wildlife off of those roads, and were hoping to see some early riser turkeys. 

It's a crummy phone pic, and early light to boot, but there are 41 deer in this field, and was not the only field like that. It's about 4 miles down the hill, and my wife quit counting when she hit 200. I'm guessing we saw close to 250 deer before we got down to the highway. No turks though.

And for the past three years it's almost impossible to get a doe permit unless it's a landowner's tag.

DeerField.jpg

• Like 2

I traveled from Canadice to Amherst Saturday afternoon and had to see no less than 200 deer. (we can get plenty of antlerless tags in 8N though).

I see crazy amounts of deer all the time in Genesee County on Rt 20, say east of Rt 238.......it sure would be nice to hit a couple of those fields for sheds but I'd think it's well picked.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Yup, good ol' 8T....A couple of my buddies have property in 8T and they are overrun with deer,  but no doe permits  except for landowners and preference point holders..

Yep. Years ago we had permits out the wazoo. Now, nothing for many years.