Got me a 358

I got this for tracking and still hunting because it’s lite, compact and a Browning. 

I choose to order a 358 because it’s plenty enough to put an end to anything I encounter and I can resize 308 if I want. Being a reloader expands choices of calibers and I never have to worry about finding ammo. Franks guns near Amsterdam had everything I needed on the shelf so it was a one stop shop deal and when I picked it up tonight I was in and out in no time.

Ill be sending some lead down range soon and working up load pronto. 

Heres to new careers and new guns!

A6FF2F86-AB06-426B-8727-7684B7871B20.jpeg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

New career, what's the scoop?

(nice gun BTW)

I left the food management biz for something completely different, I’m learning to drive truck with Fedex freight. 

So far it is so different I love it, I haven’t even gotten to drive yet. Just been training and putting around on a forklift. 

No more holidays and weekends to worry about and it’s nice to be able to just show up and work and not worry about meetings etc. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Nice gun!  i have the BLR in 30-06 love the lever action with a magazine.  Only complaint with mine is the trigger is stiff but its a cool gun. I have glass on mine a 2x7.  Best of luck with the gun and career.  

There’s a guy in PA that will polish up the trigger for a reasonable cost and it brings the trigger down to 3-4 pounds. 

I may go that route but we’ll see, I don’t intend to be winning any accuracy competitions with it. Lol 

heres his info info for anyone interested 

http://www.neiljones.com/html/gunsmithing.html

Edited by Doewhacker
Added info
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

There’s a guy in PA that will polish up the trigger for a reasonable cost and it brings the trigger down to 3-4 pounds. 

I may go that route but we’ll see, I don’t intend to be winning any accuracy competitions with it. Lol 

heres his info info for anyone interested 

http://www.neiljones.com/html/gunsmithing.html

i am thinking I will look him up.  Have heard that most wont touch the BLR.  If he can bring it down to 3 pounds that woudl be amazing.  thanks