Bear Hunt - 2 NY kids missing

BizCT

Not looking god for them if they have been missing since monday. I hope they find them alive but odds aren't in their favor.

I watched video and they show truck submerged but can’t get to it. Doesn’t look good for them, I assume they inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it’s a small world....one of those guys went to the same guide school I did in Montana. The owner of the school shared the news story on FB and said he’s a 2016 graduate. Hopefully they make it, if they don’t it wasn’t for the lack of survival training.

Any update on these guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They finally got to truck and Nobody was inside. I believe they changed search to “recovery efforts” at this point so not good. Looking like 4 dead, 2 survived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad news for sure, summer arrived early as there was a drowning on Lake George last week.

A guy went out in a rental kayak and either wasn't wearing or wasn't wearing correctly his PFD and died....

The water temps are still only in the low 50's and one's chance is slim when you enter the water.

Be safe and be smart !!!!

I drift boat regularly in the Salmon, Delaware and  others and it amazes me the number who are on the white water with no PFD in some cold conditions.....  

• Like 1

Bunch of drama going on with those missing guides. From what I’ve read, the county sheriffs and other local agencies haven’t barely done a thing to find them. The families are distraught big time. The cops claim terrain is too rough and water is flowing to fast.
But even the coordination of getting machines and people up to the area to even begin searches has been a total cluster F**k from what I’m being told. Different agencies promise man power and then haven’t shown up, etc. The owner of the guide school has been keeping us all updated daily with messages straight from the family members.
They did find a boot and something else down river a bit, no body’s yet though. They say the water is slowing down and dropping each day as summer moves in, so hopefully they can find something soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Bunch of drama going on with those missing guides. From what I’ve read, the county sheriffs and other local agencies haven’t barely done a thing to find them. The families are distraught big time. The cops claim terrain is too rough and water is flowing to fast.
But even the coordination of getting machines and people up to the area to even begin searches has been a total cluster F**k from what I’m being told. Different agencies promise man power and then haven’t shown up, etc. The owner of the guide school has been keeping us all updated daily with messages straight from the family members.
They did find a boot and something else down river a bit, no body’s yet though. They say the water is slowing down and dropping each day as summer moves in, so hopefully they can find something soon.

What else can these agencies do at this point?  They've searched on the ground and from the air.  Not like they can send divers into raging rivers looking for bodies under water.  I know it must be really difficult for the families, but I don't think the police or any other agency should be blamed here.  They are not miracle workers and can't bring people back to life if there is no sign of life.

What else can these agencies do at this point?  They've searched on the ground and from the air.  Not like they can send divers into raging rivers looking for bodies under water.  I know it must be really difficult for the families, but I don't think the police or any other agency should be blamed here.  They are not miracle workers and can't bring people back to life if there is no sign of life.

The amount of time they spent looking, how slow they were to get there and the lengths the local sheriff went to keep willing volunteers from accessing the area and equipment was total BS. You won’t hear about all this in the news though, I’m getting my info directly from the families who are up there all day everyday living it. So I’m inclined to share their sentiments when it comes what’s actually happening at ground zero rather than any news reporting. I don’t think these families have any reason to all share the same feelings of how the “search and rescue” has been performed.

13 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

The amount of time they spent looking, how slow they were to get there and the lengths the local sheriff went to keep willing volunteers from accessing the area and equipment was total BS. You won’t hear about all this in the news though, I’m getting my info directly from the families who are up there all day everyday living it. So I’m inclined to share their sentiments when it comes what’s actually happening at ground zero rather than any news reporting. I don’t think these families have any reason to all share the same feelings of how the “search and rescue” has been performed.

You are correct that I am only going by what I have read in news reports and from what I am assuming that happened.  I think we can all agree that the facts are that the vehicle fell into the river with 6 people in it.  Two got out alive and the other four we are not sure about.  I would also assume that the two that got out would have seen if any of the others got out soon after the incident.  Do you have any reports from these family members you know of the survivors seeing anyone get out of the vehicle or being taken down stream whether conscious or not?  I think that would tell us a lot.   It would have only taken a minute or two for someone to perish submerged under water.  If the two survivors didn't see anyone get out of the vehicle or water, I honestly don't think there was much hope from the very beginning.  This may have had something to do with how the rescuers decided to go about things.