Darned Voles

fasteddie

Ever since I found a nest in my Lawn Tractor and ATV , I have declared WAR on Varmints . In the past few months I have caught several Voles and Chipmunks . This past week I caught Eight voles and Five chipmunks . I check the "trap line" at least twice a day . 

Never had a problem with voles....White-footed mice ( often mistakenly called deer mice ) are a different story...They and chipmunks fill a every space and crevice they find with acorns, seeds, grass, etc. etc...  the Bucket- O -death works pretty good for both...problem is, I can't set them outside anymore because the bears ( another pain in the ass nuisance critter) won't leave them alone..  I am beginning to understand why the settlers killed them all off..

Oh CRAP  !! Now I'm starting to sound like the deer farmer...Sorry about that..<<blush>>….

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

Ive had the pellet gun going lately killing chipmunks. I shot 6 one day and 8 the next and they are still all over the place. Our cat has been tearing up the rodents outside as well, he keeps leaving them on our front sidewalk. Mice, shrews, chipmunks. Our dogs have caught a couple of rats outside as well. Ive done the bucket-o-death inside and caught a few mice, and had some poison in a few spots, but there doesnt seem to be much indoors. I cant do the bucket outside though, we have bears that keep tearing up the neighbors bird food, have been in our barn, etc, and we dont want to attract them.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Definitely voles and not shrews ? I had set a few mouse traps in our veggie garden last year and caught quite a few shrews before I ever caught a mouse. Reason being is the shrews prey on the mice and had them contained I assume.

I think you are right about the varmints being shrews not Voles . It says Shrews are beneficial to the landscape , etc but I was trying to get rid of mice and if the shrews won't leave the peanut butter alone then tough luck !