Why NY deer hunters are the BEST deer hunters

Iluvracks1359

4 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

I'd be scowling too if I was sitting in the woods freezing my a** off...I got cold just looking at that picture!

I don't get cold anymore while deer hunting...If I start to get chilly , I close the windows of my enclosed, elevated tower stand and turn up the propane heater...I don't shoot any big bucks, but I also don't give a rat's ass, as long as I can kill a deer or two for the freezer...

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I don't get cold anymore while deer hunting...If I start to get chilly , I close the windows of my enclosed, elevated tower stand and turn up the propane heater...I don't shoot any big bucks, but I also don't give a rat's ass, as long as I can kill a deer or two for the freezer...

That is a comfy spot to hunt!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I have the drive and never in my career killed a wall hanger pfft 5706cf5e18868bb1f09f2f39004780c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive is good but it's the little things that make the difference. One guy I hunt with is out all day tries every scent and call available but yet cant ger a big one when everyone else around him can.. drives him crazy.. followed his tracks in the snow and found 1 reason right away.. he doesnt move into and skirt cover and openings.. a straight line down the ridge where he can see far ..but a deer sees even farther..  it's a little simple thing. He never realised he was doing..

• Like 1

I've became a better Deer hunter since I joined this Forum 

This forum cost me more deer than it helped me bag. Too busy reading about TF’s Beer and bionics shrimp and Nomads eggs and Papists whatever those are called. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my opinion its all about the amount of time you put in. And I guess location plays some part in it too. Last year I had a monster 10 point show up on my camera two days in a row during the end of bow season, right as the rut started to fire up. Once I saw him on camera, I tried to hunt there every morning after that for a week or so, and he never showed his face again, he was just passing through. The point to this story is if I had put the time in BEFORE I saw him, I would have had my shot at him, and I'm almost certain that was not a home town buck, he was just passing through looking for a hot doe, maybe even found one,. stuck around for a couple of days, and then moved on. I think if you put your stand in a good spot, that is highly traveled by a lot of deer, and you hunt it as OFTEN as you can, a big buck is going to pass by with his nose on the ground, its only a matter of time. I cannot tell you how many times I have had the same thing happen to me as last year, where I see a really nice buck on cam a few times during the rut, but he never walks by me when I was actually in the stand, because I didn't put the time in.