SST vs Cor Lok

sbuff

SST bullets have been more accurate potential and have better ballistics.  been hit and miss for me terminal performance wise. i've really only used them a lot out of a muzzleloader though and a little in rifles.  Remington Cor-lokts like any other jacketed pointed soft point have been around forever for a reason. started with them and used for probably a decade.  i've had really good luck with federal fusion and have been using that for a while now and prefer them over the other two at least when it comes to use in a rifle.

I have shot them too out of my muzzle loader but much slower speeds. I bought the 7.62X39 hornady black to try out in my ruger mini 30. Will see how accuracy is but I'll most likely use the cor lok come hunting season.

I reload and I’m currently working up a hunting load for my 6mm rem. I am only using Hornady bullets right now out of the major manufactures I think they make the best bullets. I have shot the 95gr at up 3100fps and shot less than 1” groups at 100. I am now trying there 103gr ELD-X bullet this is the best bullet for hunting I have seen in a long time. If you only have a choice between a SST or a core loc. I would shoot what works best in your gun they will both kill deer. Dead is dead they can’t be any deader.