First big buck on new cellular cam

Hunter9396

49 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Looks to be a big one for sure, how is battery life been treating you on that evo. I've been eyeing it myself for around 225.00 then a few discounts I can get for under 200

I picked it up for $190. I’ve had it for about a week know and set it up to send me pics instantly and camera is still on 100% battery life. I was skeptical on buying it after reading reviews on them but for the price of the more expensive ones I figured I’d give this one a try. I’m pretty happy with it so far. 

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

No matter what he scores, that's a beautiful  buck! Think you're right in the ballpark with your guesstimate of 120. 

Absolutely, I hope I get a chance to connect with him this year. This spot is tricky. It’s vegetable farm that borders a mountain and once deer season starts bucks stay deep in the mountain until late January. Hoping he makes a mistake opening day haha

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hunter9396 said:

Absolutely, I hope I get a chance to connect with him this year. This spot is tricky. It’s vegetable farm that borders a mountain and once deer season starts bucks stay deep in the mountain until late January. Hoping he makes a mistake opening day haha

Best of luck to you! Would love to see ya put him on the ground. Then you could give us the "actual score". Not that it matters, he's a trophy regardless. 

Any way you can hunt higher up on the mountain, where the bucks are bedding? To be up there before light, when they make their way up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter9396 said:

I picked it up for $190. I’ve had it for about a week know and set it up to send me pics instantly and camera is still on 100% battery life. I was skeptical on buying it after reading reviews on them but for the price of the more expensive ones I figured I’d give this one a try. I’m pretty happy with it so far. 

Battery life was and is my concern, your results could sway me either way. Keep me posted.

Be nice to see that Buck mounted on a wall !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

Battery life was and is my concern, your results could sway me either way. Keep me posted.

Be nice to see that Buck mounted on a wall !!

I’ll definitely keep you updated on the camera and let you know if it gives me any trouble. So far I love it, it also has a feature where when you are going threw 100’s of picture you can hit a button and it will only show you pictures of bucks which I thought was really cool

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Best of luck to you! Would love to see ya put him on the ground. Then you could give us the "actual score". Not that it matters, he's a trophy regardless. 

Any way you can hunt higher up on the mountain, where the bucks are bedding? To be up there before light, when they make their way up?

That’s exactly what I’m going to have to do. Every bucks i shot off that property has been deep in the mountain. It’s a hell of a hike up.. usually soaking wet in sweat lol but it’s worth shooting a trophy up there

• Like 1