Hello from NNY

Dave - WX2CIB

I too am excited for the season to start.  This is probably the least prepared I have ever been though. I have been working 7 days a week and stupid hours . Trying to catch up..

I don't do as much hunting up here as in the past.  

Im usually trying to save a buck tag for my yearly trip to the southern tier, so most  bucks get a pass .A 2 1/2 Year buck is hard to come by where I usually  hunt.

I actually have been looking at Lonesome Bay state forest (off the end of black lake)as a potential new spot to check out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ncountry said:

We are neighbors. Lol.

I live in Lisbon. Have you been on Black lake or the River much this year?

8 hours ago, Dave - WX2CIB said:

Hammond

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

used to spend a LOT of time at Jacque Cartier state park.  There was a store i think was in Hammond - "Bobs" he had some nice muskies on the wall , and had a neat lure selection.  Used to go there and BS with him a lot.  Many years ago.  My buddy bought the worst lure ive ever seen there - it was a purple rubber ball of what looked like fish eggs with a rubber skirt and a spinner on the back.  lol.  He bought it cause it was so awful - maybe an ocean lure.  I told him if he ever catches a fish on it I will quit fishing.  So of course he brought it EVERYTIME we fished and tried it for a few minutes.  Then like 10 years later in the dacks he caught a bass on it in the weeds.  SO i quit fishing ---- for 10 minutes !  lol.    He still has it hanging on his wall.  

There was some good fishing on the river then - big walleyes for sure. 

• Like 2