Last cam pull

silent death

Here's a couple pics of the deer eating the throw and grow i planted man they are hitting this stuff hard even though it's mostly rye grass ....Any guess how old the big doe is she looks big but skinny. Gotta love the little button buck he's scrappy 

IMG_20180922_133020_152.jpg

IMG_20180922_131006_305.jpg

Edited by silent death

12 minutes ago, silent death said:

I'll give her some time to see if she gains weight otherwise she's gonna get taken out of the herd 

i always shoot an adult doe with fawns especially if button bucks.. whe she is removed they dont get kicked out and result is more bucks staying in area.. does boot male ofspring to prevent inbreeding not booted they stay and only know her range which becomes their core when they are older. easiest way to keep bucks on your property

Edited by G-Man

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

Whatever   Enjoy your venison ribs on that one 

Lol, he will have lots of ribs, since he originally mentioned why not he just kill all the deer in his pic with his AR10...but you werent here to see all 4 phases of his post being edited

• Like 3

Your right I did edit it figured why bother stuping to his level with the same kinda comment he left...look I ask a question if the deer looked old or skinny he replied first with some is amok with it I agreed then he said his last comment I have respect for animals not for people who joke about sick ones sorry.....if I shot that deer dec would get a call to get it so it could be tested so I could find out what is exactly wrong with it

Edited by silent death

Yes you did  and then u responded with a second ...i have alot of deer here and I asked a opinion if she looked old or sick . Never seen a deer skinny like her this late in the seaseo n so iam kinda worried if I should call dec or see if she changes in the next month or so

Edited by silent death

With a seriousness Silent Death, I tend to see a good portion of the does on my home property to show rib cage.   I am in a big woods type setting with mature pine forest, dark woods, a d ZERO agricultural fields within I would be comfortable in saying 30+ miles.  I don't know if that is of any benefit to you, but different areas yield different norms if that makes sense.

However,  her neck seems thin for sure, I love animals way more people myself, but I wouldn't personally be too concerned unless she seemed lazy, or slow going.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

With a seriousness Silent Death, I tend to see a good portion of the does on my home property to show rib cage.   I am in a big woods type setting with mature pine forest, dark woods, a d ZERO agricultural fields within I would be comfortable in saying 30+ miles.  I don't know if that is of any benefit to you, but different areas yield different norms if that makes sense.

It makes sense . But around here there's lots of farms I have 4 big Apple trees here on my property besides oaks she's the only deer say out of 16 deer that are here everyday that looks like she does

Edited by silent death

5 minutes ago, silent death said:

It makes sense . But around here there's lots of farms I have 4 big Apple trees here on my property besides oaks she's the only deer say out of 16 deer that are here everyday that looks like she does

Sounds odd then in your case, I have no other input to be honest.  I think you would know best since you live there.  I say this seriously,  deer are living things, maybe she has odd eating habits,  not saying shes anorexic, but maybe she doesn't have the desire to eat I don't know. 

Point is, each living thing, is its own personality. 

Edit: I feel as if I am over thinking it now, honestly.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Just now, Bionic said:

Sounds odd then in your case, I have no other input to be honest.  I think you would know best since you live there.  I say this seriously,  deer are living things, maybe she has odd eating habits,  not saying shes anorexic, but maybe she doesn't have the desire to eat I don't know. 

Point is, each living thing, is its own personality. 

That's why I said iam gonna wait a month and see of she puts on weight I figured the 2 fawns could be running her down...i sure hope that's the case

• Like 1

Just now, silent death said:

That's why I said iam gonna wait a month and see of she puts on weight I figured the 2 fawns could be running her down...i sure hope that's the case

Sounds like a great idea, no other options really.  I think that is the case, myself.  

• Like 1