Who uses snow camo when there is snow on the ground

Hunter007

19 hours ago, wooly said:

Oh there's no insulation whatsoever in this stuff.

What you see on the outside is all you get on the inside. Basically a plastic garbage bag with arms and legs,lol.

I will admit it does make a pretty good wind breaker on my winter hikes when I don't care about noise.

yep that's the stuff. I have the gloves by the same manufacturer. After one sit I knew they were useless haha. I now use them when snowblowing.

1 hour ago, Buckstopshere said:

Good point. I always put a camo blaze orange vest on with the snow camo when I am gun hunting (as opposed to archery.) 

That's the other reason I never got around to buying snow camo I  always wear orange vest in gun season with the black break up pattern on it .

All I know is if you dont move leaning on a tree or Rock  deer will walk right  up pretty close if they  dont wind you  even when hunting on the ground.

Make a fast movement difference story 

On 11/15/2018 at 1:02 PM, wooly said:

My snow camo is WAAAAY too noisy for hunting.

Sounds like I'm wearing a paper bag whenever I so much as raise my hand.

If there's snow on the ground, I'll definitely pull it out for the field photos just because I think it looks cool! Doesn't make any difference to me whether I killed while wearing it or not.

snowcamo.jpg.525ff86491c0b7439afcfc45f9df992a.jpg

Assuming you are not a perfectly proportioned midget can you explain how that doe looks like it weighs 250?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core said:

Assuming you are not a perfectly proportioned midget can you explain how that doe looks like it weighs 250?

They say the camera adds 10lbs, so she was probably only 240,lol

I take a TON of pics with different carcass poses and from a variety of angles. 

Sometimes just putting a portion of the deer and hunter on a different plane can create the illusion of an exaggerated size to one or the other compared to a straight on shot of hunter sitting behind the deer.

• Like 1