Dick's Sporting Goods is taking a little dive

dbHunterNY

17 hours ago, Rob... said:

If people are going to take a "Hard Stand" on the Right, then do so, don't pussy foot around, and don't give people shit because they don't do exactly what you want.

I guess you missed my point on that one. If you take a "hard stand", then you more or less make clear yours is the only opinion that counts. If you don't agree with one policy, but others are OK just to suit your needs, sorry, that's being a hypocrite. Another thread that I just shake my head at, carry on people, and on and on and on.

Happy New Year!

Listen, I dont disrespect anyone for their personal feelings on the 2nd amendment and guns in general, we are all entitled to our opinions. When a person or business takes an active attack position against it, thats when I will no longer have anything to do with them. Its not pussy footing or being a hypocrite, its called being reasonable.

I will just say, that you make a TON of statements around here about pro-2A this and that, and then you announce that you got all of this stuff from Dicks or Field & Stream. Sorry man, you set yourself up to be called out on it.

• Like 2

I really don't care what other people do. And won't bash anyone for spending their money, or coupons how they wish. But I have my own standards and stick to em.

Needed some extra case holders, and a couple other handloading things, last week. I know the F&S store in Latham, probably had what I needed. And I had received a $10 coupon in the mail for Dicks/FS. I chose to throw the coupon in the trash, and went up Rt. 30 to Franks Gun Store in Gloversville instead. Glad I did! First time I was in there, and the prices and staff were agreeable! Would much rather spend my money in a place where my dollars won't be used against me. I'll be back to Franks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Frank is suppose to be moving to a bigger location . You should try Zack's across from round lake.

I personally don't see field and stream going under, just the way it is 

I've heard Zack's is pretty good too. Will have to stop in there as well. Thanks! What's not to like about checking out a new (to me) gun store?

13 hours ago, Rob... said:

If people are going to take a "Hard Stand" on the Right, then do so, don't pussy foot around, and don't give people shit because they don't do exactly what you want.

I guess you missed my point on that one. If you take a "hard stand", then you more or less make clear yours is the only opinion that counts. If you don't agree with one policy, but others are OK just to suit your needs, sorry, that's being a hypocrite. Another thread that I just shake my head at, carry on people, and on and on and on.

Happy New Year!

who is pussy footing around it? The 2A issues is largely supported on the right, but it crosses party lines. It's not a simple red or blue issue. The issue with dicks is that over half the country doesn't feel that strongly  about the 2A. They're not rallying against it like some on the extreme left, and they're not boycotting like some on the extreme right. It's just an issue, but not one that is important enough for them to miss a good sale. 

The whole thing sucks really. I've bought a lot of good athletic wear on sale and last minute hunting gear. I have always been a fan of their stores. But to say some are pussy footing around the subject isn't correct. People just have their own belief system and how much they're willing to inconvenience themselves to help support it. It's no different than buying non GMO food, or makeup that wasn't tested on animals. 

Heck, I just learned that buying wool that was farmed west of the Mississippi negatively effects wild sheep. The world is hard and you just can't go all in on everything or you're left sitting naked in the woods licking algae off of rocks. 

13 hours ago, slayer said:

I will at least go there to get my license. I dont think they make any money on that . so haha i make them pay their employees to do something for nothing. put the screws to em.

someone else claimed they do make a profit and i'm not sure that's right, i'd like to see it written somewhere. I always thought it was a reason to get you in the store, and honestly it always worked for me. I'd stop in because it was more convenient with their hours and take a stroll through the hunting department and almost always buy some things.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

so i stopped in there the other day. friend i know was working and i had a $10 store credit coupon that's been sitting in my email for a while. i checked with customer service and they said it was still good. had to as i have no idea how to sign into my score rewards account anymore with not using it or really going there. i picked up a pack of replacement belts for my WorkSharp that was $9.99 (not much is $10 there). Talked to my buddy, who said the plan is to close 20 stores that aren't doing well, but the Field & Stream locations where staying for now. Chatted with him about other stuff. Asked him to order me an AR. He laughed and said can't do it. Then I left. Since I've gotten about $500 worth of Cabelas stuff. That's all the updates I've got.

i'm not sure if you were joking or something, but you can't buy an AR anywhere in NY... that's not just a dicks thing.

52 minutes ago, grampy said:

I really don't care what other people do. And won't bash anyone for spending their money, or coupons how they wish. But I have my own standards and stick to em.

Needed some extra case holders, and a couple other handloading things, last week. I know the F&S store in Latham, probably had what I needed. And I had received a $10 coupon in the mail for Dicks/FS. I chose to throw the coupon in the trash, and went up Rt. 30 to Franks Gun Store in Gloversville instead. Glad I did! First time I was in there, and the prices and staff were agreeable! Would much rather spend my money in a place where my dollars won't be used against me. I'll be back to Franks.

just a heads up, you can change your address on your scorecard and store account to stop getting those coupons. I changed mine to NRA headquarters lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Belo said:

just a heads up, you can change your address on your scorecard and store account to stop getting those coupons. I changed mine to NRA headquarters lol.

Not sure why they are sending me $10 score card coupons, as I have not purchased anything there in eleven months. 

Changing my address on that account, to NRA headquarters appeals to me though!   Great idea!

My youngest got a gift card from relatives for Dicks at XMAS. He needed a new set of basketball shoes so we went to the one in Danbury, CT New Year's Day.

I have not been there since they announced their changes. Usually, at this point in the year the hunting supplies are sold out and whatever remnants are left go on clearance. It looked like the week prior to bow opener with the amount of gear, apparel, stands, etc. that they had in store. I am guessing a lot of inventory had not moved all season. This also included probably 4 pallets of deer corn.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1