Maybe a trip to iowa will be in order.

G-Man

22 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You ever used one?  I could see myself throwing my shoulder out.  There was a reason I played line in football and skipped baseball season to lift weights.  I certainly wasn't wasting any talent in doing so.  lol  But I would like to try it!

Yes every fall in letchworth state park there is a Knapp in, and atatyl competition

Seen a few guys with spear kills on white tails on the Bowsite forum. Seems like most are 4-7yd shots. I definitely have had deer close enough for a spear kill. But those would have been more like stabbing than throwing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend in Iowa. I'll ask him about this, but he pretty much just shoots the deer with guns. I also have a friend in Kentucky who killed a small wild pig by jumping out of a tree with a knife. He's about a hundred pounds heavier now and can't climb the trees, but it's a great story.

• Like 1

Just now, moog5050 said:

Wow.  I thought it was way harder

It's just form..and shafts are usullay 2 piece with dart detachable from fetching half via socket.. new research has shown primative man was able to throw at mastodon up to 80 yards with sufficient force to crack 4 in thick ribs

• Like 1

It's just form..and shafts are usullay 2 piece with dart detachable from fetching half via socket.. new research has shown primative man was able to throw at mastodon up to 80 yards with sufficient force to crack 4 in thick ribs

Love it. And some guys on this forum are worried that a 23yd bow shot is “too long”

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Love it. And some guys on this forum are worried that a 23yd bow shot is “too long”

Yes they would have heart attacks seeing buck I got at 65yards with my.compound..and 70 yard doe.. not my preferred but I'll do it again

• Like 1

What was the yardage of your farthest bow kill Biz?

Never shot at a deer. If i was hunting open fields or out west I would make sure I’m good to at least 60 though. Where I hunt, it’s pretty heavy. So 40 is a max shot, which I would take