Alps pack

That fanny pak/harness packs looks OK.

The actual backback? Looks like it rides low, most of the weight from the pack would be on your lower back kidney area, not great for long hikes. Also with that lower profile, it might move around a lot.

I have no experience with this company, but I have no idea what you plan to use the pack for also. For a day pack with minimal gear, it might be OK.

All packs should fit snug, fit you right, and not wiggle around. They should also ride higher on the back to distribute weight evenly.

• Like 1

I'd never buy a pack on looks, my thought was the lumbar style would be less stressful  on my back. I talked to a couple guys who are members of the 46ers mtn club and they preferred lumbar style over traditional  style pack. I like the fact that it expands to a larger style pack if needed. I'd only use that if I got hot and needed a place for my coat. Most of my hunting consists of a couple mile treck to various locations. I typically carry  the basic gear for a night in the woods if necessary. I think my biggest weight item is water. I was hoping to down size a little to the lumbar style pack. I had thought about a fanny pack but that might be to small. Plus I always carry my 9mm so I didn't want discomfort with that.

• Like 1