2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Last year AL East had two 100 game winners and Rays at 90 I think. They would make minced meat out of NL East. But nobody from NL East made the World Series anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, the NL East sucked.  This year, all the teams except the Marlins got better.

Nats got Corbin and but virtue of addition by subtraction when they got rid of club house cancer Bryce Harper.

Phillies got better by adding Robertson and Harper who's a-hole'ness is negated by the fact that the entire city of Philly is filled with a-holes anyway.

Atlanta kids are a year older and they added much needed veteran leadership in Donaldson and McCann.

Mets shored up their depth.  Which was what killed them last year.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]

Good time to bump it too. With the Yankees shutting out the Red Sox 

8 to 0....... Sox had a great run last year. They can't even crawl this year so far.

Go Yanks!

No surprise tonight. Sale now 0-4.

the Yankees window to win a WS while all their talent in under team control is closing quickly. This has to be the year

Zero pressure on Sox to win this year. All the pressure in the world on Yanks to not regress again. They had 3-2 lead in alcs and couldn’t make WS in 20167, then regressed in 2018 losing to Sox in ALDS. They can’t possible step back again in 2019. Can they? Cashman has every resource possible and only 1 ring in 20 years.....

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No surprise tonight. Sale now 0-4.

the Yankees window to win a WS while all their talent in under team control is closing quickly. This has to be the year

please bizzy. all their talent? we are missing 5 starters and just ran the table on you! 

• Like 3

please bizzy. all their talent? we are missing 5 starters and just ran the table on you! 

Ran what table? A win is a win whether it’s by 15 runs or 1. Yanks won 1 game. You’re excited right now?

Both the Yanks and the Sox are struggling at this point of the season, and the Rays are arguably one of the best teams in baseball. Definitely the best in the AL east at this point. It's still early, but as it looks right now, I think either the Yanks or Sox will be second to the Rays at the end of this season.

Of course if the Yankees can get back some of their starters from the IR list, and cure the injury bug, they could turn things around big time.

The Red Sox just look flat to me? They still have much of the talent that carried them to a WS win last year. 

Long way to the end of the season. Got a lot of games to be played. I'll enjoy watching to see how it all plays out. 

Soooooo........Let's Go Yankees!!!!

Both the Yanks and the Sox are struggling at this point of the season, and the Rays are arguably one of the best teams in baseball. Definitely the best in the AL east at this point. It's still early, but as it looks right now, I think either the Yanks or Sox will be second to the Rays at the end of this season.
Of course if the Yankees can get back some of their starters from the IR list, and cure the injury bug, they could turn things around big time.
The Red Sox just look flat to me? They still have much of the talent that carried them to a WS win last year. 
Long way to the end of the season. Got a lot of games to be played. I'll enjoy watching to see how it all plays out. 
Soooooo........Let's Go Yankees!!!!

World Series hangover (nobody repeats) and also Cora’s decision to not have the starters throw in spring training is effecting them. Sale threw 9 innings in March. If the velocity he threw with last night is here to stay, he will be lights out. Let’s not forget he’s the best pitcher in HISTORY vs the Yankees. He was bound to have a dud vs them especially the way things have been going.

I don’t see the Yankees winning the WS this year (even if 100% healthy). Starting pitching wins in October and they don’t have it. The Astros do

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

World Series hangover (nobody repeats) and also Cora’s decision to not have the starters throw in spring training is effecting them. Sale threw 9 innings in March. If the velocity he threw with last night is here to stay, he will be lights out. Let’s not forget he’s the best pitcher in HISTORY vs the Yankees. He was bound to have a dud vs them especially the way things have been going.

I don’t see the Yankees winning the WS this year (even if 100% healthy). Starting pitching wins in October and they don’t have it. The Astros do

Yanks three-peated, people forget that

• Like 1

"A win is a win"

-BizRoworld

It’s true. At least Nasty Nate finally pitched well. Maybe spring training is almost over.

Sox got 3 vs Rays, 4 vs Tigers, 3 vs Rays..... need to go 7-3 or its game over.

19 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Brett Gardner feeds off of my hate. Every time he comes up and I rant about him he comes up big. I'm still going to lose my mind if hes in the lineup instead of Frazier when Hicks gets back

Every time I write Gardner off, the guy comes up BIG. After his dismal overall performance last year, he should have been playing second fiddle to Frazier this year. Hard to hate the drive and zest he has for the game though. But he's way past his prime. 

Edited by grampy

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Every time I write Gardner off, the guy comes up BIG. After his dismal overall performance last year, he should have been playing second fiddle to Frazier this year. Hard to hate the drive and zest he has for the game though. But he's way past his prime. 

I cant believe they brought him back but I guess it was a good thing with all these injuries

Dismal career performance. He’s a “leadoff hitter” who has never even hit .280. If he strikes out last night, he probably doesn’t see leadoff again this year. Lamaheiu should bag 1st

• Like 1