running late this year

Geno C

^^lol

well im glad you enjoy your shooting time alittle more but i know how you feel.... you cant shoot in your yard? i bought a dozen Easton carbon n fused nano tubes, great arrows but im down to about 8 or so. after shooting a few deer and target practice i ate up a few of them...

Oh I shoot in the yard, but its fun to go to the 3D range from time to time. They have an elevated platform and all kinds of targets. I have some pics of the place, let me dig them out.

I put up a treestand in the backyard and now almost always shoot there instead of the range...avoids the fees long-term. No gas cost to get there and back and I can monkey around a bit. Hunting partner will come over and we rotate about 5-10 shots at various distances. At the end we each do a money arrow at a target we put out specifically for that shot, usually somewhere between 0-45 yards. Loser buys lunch, etc. This past Sunday we got a little brave and set up a few crab apples from the tree in the back yard...got mine on the first try at 21 yards and the mushroom swiss burger was delicious...and free!

I've been shooting since turkey season about 30-40 arrows a week - but more lately. Got to that burn-out practice stage where I was shooting better but now starting to get a bit off-kilter. I always go through that it seems for about two weeks in August...shoot great during the summer, have that slump where my groups are bigger than normal, and then I refocus and shoot well into the hunting season. Probably just form lazyiness at times, I'm sure. This year I'm fighting with my bow arm and grip.

Years ago I put in a permanent archery/gun range measured and staked every 5 yards out to 100 yards.  It's handy enough, right behind the house in the woods. I also have lights at 20 yards and 30 yards and up until the big ice storm years ago, I had lights at 40 yards .... lol. I also have a moveable deer target that I can set up for when I have someone down to shoot and we want some kind of novelty shots. It just adds a bit of unique fun to a practice session. Also, if I want to shake things up a bit, I can shoot from angles throughout the woods with unknown yardages. It's a fun place to shoot and keeps the interest up.

I had a little bit of an interruption this spring when the flood took out the archery butt, but after that was all set back up, I have been practicing pretty regularly all summer. So my practice is running right on schedule.

It is my scouting and stand maintenance that has been running a bit late. Normally I have my stands all straightened up and ready for use by now. I've been a little slow on that sort of stuff because of all the extra repair work from the flood. Also, a lot of my stand areas have been under water for a good chunk of summer until the drought. But I'm starting to get back on track slowly but surely.

Finally got a chance to shoot for about 1/2 hour tonight. I got the 20 yard pin in the vicinity. Ill be working on it further tomorrow evening at the 3D course. Had my first shot go way low and the arrow hit the main stem on a big lilac bush and busted in half. Another got stuck in the stupid target's plastic leg where it inserts into the body, and pulled the insert out a little getting the arrow out. I can fix that, but for now Im already down to 10 arrows lol. I should be good now that its pretty close.

geez dude! lol

i shot last night also at my ed deer. took 12 shots at 20 dead on grouped 2 - 3" radious. im good at 20 lol

going to hit more at 20 and mix it up at 30 - 35. i thought about it i cant sell my bow. im keeping it, i love it to much. i shot last week also. so if i shoot a few times a week ill be good!