My second knife build

Hunter007

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

Very nice, glad to see a useable size knife . So many make giant pig stickers that look nice but have no day to day purpose. 

Yea so true,  my first one i made  was more like a sword lol this one is pocketable definitely more practical. 

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

It would be so cool to see the sketches you make for the build of how to make sure it all works together as a folder.  It would also be awesome to see some pics on how you cut and grind the blades and then sharpen. I would also be interested in what kind of grind ( edge ) you give the blade- Hollow, Scandi, convex, sabre, etc. .

I am not busting your balls, just honestly curious. I have been watching and reading a few different custom knife forums, and for pure custom knife making I find it pretty damn interesting for some part. Aside from the above mentioned on edge grind. I like to read about the steel used, heat treatment, + - scale, and what the blade can be used for.

I like functional over pretty.

2 hours ago, DirtTime said:

It would be so cool to see the sketches you make for the build of how to make sure it all works together as a folder.  It would also be awesome to see some pics on how you cut and grind the blades and then sharpen. I would also be interested in what kind of grind ( edge ) you give the blade- Hollow, Scandi, convex, sabre, etc. .

I am not busting your balls, just honestly curious. I have been watching and reading a few different custom knife forums, and for pure custom knife making I find it pretty damn interesting for some part. Aside from the above mentioned on edge grind. I like to read about the steel used, heat treatment, + - scale, and what the blade can be used for.

I like functional over pretty.

Like I said its  only second build on knifes its because I have over 20  years  in industry design and manufacturing /fabrication I can do this stuff .making a set of adjustable clamp on  iron sites  for my shotgun right now  since nobody seems to make them for that model shogun and I don't want to drill and tape it either .

Ps  I would make a shitty teacher no patience for it . 

I'm sure if you go online YouTube plenty of information on this  from guys that make tones of knifes .   Besides if i show you and you hurt  yourself doing  things my way  I don't want to be responsible for that  .  

Edited by Hunter007

On 8/27/2019 at 7:23 PM, Hunter007 said:

Like I said its  only second build on knifes its because I have over 20  years  in industry design and manufacturing /fabrication I can do this stuff .making a set of adjustable clamp on  iron sites  for my shotgun right now  since nobody seems to make them for that model shogun and I don't want to drill and tape it either .

Ps  I would make a shitty teacher no patience for it . 

I'm sure if you go online YouTube plenty of information on this  from guys that make tones of knifes .   Besides if i show you and you hurt  yourself doing  things my way  I don't want to be responsible for that  .  

:rolleyes:

I wasn't asking you to teach anyone anything.

I was asking what steel you used for this build, and what sort of grind you put on the blade edge to retain sharpness.

10 hours ago, DirtTime said:

:rolleyes:

I wasn't asking you to teach anyone anything.

I was asking what steel you used for this build, and what sort of grind you put on the blade edge to retain sharpness.

420 stainless 15 degrees  double bevel   .

Edited by Hunter007