I knew it would happen one of these days:(

First-light

On 9/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, Adkhunter1590 said:

Bummer! Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Tell her to listen to the doc! I wasn’t that smart when I was her age and cut my cast off when I shattered my wrist in 14 places after it being on for only a week so I could race MX. It hurt so damn bad we had to tape my hand onto the throttle so I couldn’t let go. Now I’m paying for it 15 years later!

I remembered I even had a pic of my old man cutting that damn cast off haha. It was end of season and I was right at the top of the class chasing the championship, we were ready to do anything to keep racing back then cca3f25fdbee90ac2aa69e05d39cefd5.jpg

Local mx races are a brutal place to walk around ,majority of guys walking around with displaced collar bones or external fixtures on broken arms ,casts and crutches everywhere LOL.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, Adkhunter1590 said:

Bummer! Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Tell her to listen to the doc! I wasn’t that smart when I was her age and cut my cast off when I shattered my wrist in 14 places after it being on for only a week so I could race MX. It hurt so damn bad we had to tape my hand onto the throttle so I couldn’t let go. Now I’m paying for it 15 years later!

I remembered I even had a pic of my old man cutting that damn cast off haha. It was end of season and I was right at the top of the class chasing the championship, we were ready to do anything to keep racing back then cca3f25fdbee90ac2aa69e05d39cefd5.jpg

i know of a lot of people that did this and are paying for it later in life. heck some even did stuff at enduro, harescramble, or gncc type races on our farm. best to let it heal right and be back at it then. everybody remembers how you were in it to win it when you get hurt.

• Like 1

Oh Man. I am living through the same thing. I wish her a speedy recovery and getting back to health quickly. My daughter is 14 and has been playing soccer since she was 5. Last Nov she rolled her ankle and got it stepped on while playing in a tournament on turf. Her ankle was very swollen and we took her to the Dr who said she sprained it. Her follow up appt the Dr told her she could play, it was up to her, she wasn't going to damage her ankle it would just be sore. So she missed two weeks and was back on the field for the rest of the year. She even ran track while playing soccer this past spring. She would get done with soccer and track and her ankle would be swollen but she would swear up and down that it didn't hurt. When school and sports ended her ankle didn't bother her. She didn't play anything for about a month. But then went and played pickup soccer with her friends and her ankle was very swollen again. That didn't seem right too me after a month of rest. Took her to an orthopedic who took xrays and then sent her for an MRI. Her tendons and ligaments in her ankle were destroyed. The way the Dr. explained it her ankle bone is straight and it is supposed to be curved. This allowed her ligaments and tendons to slide off the bone and be out of place which ultimately destroyed them. She had surgery on 8/22 to have her ligaments replaced and her ankle bone reshaped so that could not happen again. Hopefully it will be a 100% recovery but it is killing her to be missing soccer. She is going to all the games and most of the practices but obviously can't do a thing since she is still on crutches. Last week she just went from a cast to a boot.  I think she thinks she is going to be able to get right back too it as soon as the boot comes off. I feel for her and I think I miss watching her play as much as she misses playing....

• Sad 1

Well my kid didn’t break anything but he was just diagnosed with the FLU. WTF?!? First confirmed case at the urgent care facility. Out of everything until Tuesday which includes a football game (starting center and MLB) and three baseball games.
Oh well...if it passes through the house he’s a dead man!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1