a local school bought by DEC

Robhuntandfish

this is a school just a few minutes from my house - kinda neat they will have this nearby.   Prob be stopped a lot more on Oneida now for training though.  https://www.newyorkupstate.com/oswego/2019/09/dec-buys-shuttered-elementary-school-for-19900-it-will-be-new-training-academy.html?fbclid=IwAR2h7z7LuUTF32VwcXjqCxRQEN6QgKh3bhwepG_OVBkRcLYp_UloMEs3P-g

Edited by Robhuntandfish

9 hours ago, sbuff said:

I'm ok if they patrol train by where I hunt 

Rob do you know if anyone has bought Vellas by the post office in Cleveland.  I haven't been to camp since april. 

not sure - havent been that far on the northside in a bit.  I know the store in Constantia is open though.  http://www.buckinghamsmarket.com/about.html

I live right in Cleveland....I think its great the school was sold to the DEC. Many downsized schools are left vacant...right up the road in North Bay is another elementary school that suffered the same fate, still empty and another up in Williamstown has only a small portion of it in use (last I knew).

Vellas North Shore is still empty, and is sorely missed in the community. The Vellas were foundations of the community and are missed in many ways. Hopefully the school re-use will help attract a new grocery owner.

The school had been on the open market for years....at least a real estate sign has been out front. I don't think anyone will complain about the price, just be happy it has a good planned future.