Why are used single shot shotguns so much money???

I can't understand it. After being unemployed for a while, I've lost my truck, had to sell my guns, and bows. I've been searching, trying to at least find a 20 gauge used single shot shotgun, that's fairly reasonable. The gun shops want as much as a new one. I remember when you could pick up a used single shot really cheap. What happened???

How cheap are you looking for. A H&R /New Engleand Firearms single shot 12 or 20 can be found on sale for a little over $100......used even less

Very true. I guess my point was that the gun shops want $100 & up for a used one. That's where it throws me for a loop. I don't have alot of money, so I was hoping to get one used below new prices. I notice that Rossi has one with a 28" barrel brand new, for $99.99 at Gander Mountain. I had single shots years ago, and did just fine with them.

Its a matter of cash in hand. If you arent in a hurry and network, check the Swapsheet, ask around, visit garage sales, etc. 100.00 in your hand at the right time can get you alot of gun...sometimes a heck of alot of gun, depending on how bad the seller needs cash.You just have to be patient, and be ready to jump.