Arrow Glue

biggamefish

I am using aluminum arrows with feathers. I am having a problem keeping the feathers on the arrow. The glue just isn't holding. I have loctite household repair and duco cement neither seem to be working all the great. Any other suggestions would be great i am looking to switch so i can keep my feather on.

How clean are you getting the shafts ? Do you wipe them down with acetone after they are cleaned up ? I messed some up when I first started fletching shafts as oil from my hands was affecting the adhesion of the glue . I use super glue on my carbon arrows and havn't had good luck with the Platinum Fletch Tite although others swear by the stuff .

for feather the fletch type tape is better than just about anything once you get used to how to use it. simple and can do a doz arrows in about a hour. just have to put a drop of duco cement on the front and back of the feather as a final step so you do not lose feather if you get a pass thru. I have found arrows a year later that the feather still required a razor blade to get off the shaft...