Hitting Ohio this October!

SplitG2

Actually I'm a very positive person who enjoys simple pleasures, but I am also a realist and call things the way I see them.  I congratulate you guys on your success, but I highly doubt you went into another state without any pre-arranged permission to hunt private land.  If you did, please tell us your secret, because many of us don't have such luck in areas close to home, never mind another state.  Good day.

You my friend are a jackass...I never said I went into ohio, shook a land owners hand and he gave me permission.  While I was talking to several locals permission came up and I was surprised to see they would grant access.  This was a once in a lifetime trip for my family and it wasn't an outfitter nor a game preserve etc....do me a favor and don't reply to my posts!

That's fine, I will try not to in the future.  As I said, I call it the way I see it.  A few of you fellas have more than once brought up Ohio in other threads and how you thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and how you thought NYS should revert to Ohio's ways of hunting.  When you then imply in this thread that landowners in Ohio are so willing to allow strangers to hunt on their land, I have a hard time not making a comment on it.  Thanks for confirming what I figured from the start on having pre-arranged permission.  I'd be willing to bet that any 100 members here could march into Ohio and maybe less than 10 if they are lucky would get permission to hunt from a total stranger.  It is no different there than anywhere else, so I don't think anyone needs to sugar coat Ohio over anywhere else.  That is my only point here.  If you think I'm a jackass for making this point, so be it.  I do call people out on many things here, but I at least don't go down to your level with the name calling. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...