Hitting Ohio this October!

SplitG2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ohio is nice.  You will be surprised how they hunt out there.  They push small pieces of property all day long.  I went out 2 years ago and hunted the shotgun season.  Shot this 8 on the second to the last day.  Colder then hell that week!  One other thing, the taste of the meat is unbelieveable.  All they eat is corn, winter wheat and soy beans!  Heading out the WI for a rut hunt this year.

post-1571-131455345574_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, just got back from ohio and all I can say is wow!  I have never seen more scrapes and rubs in my entire hunting experience.  All 5 of us had opportunity to harvest deer.  We winded up taking a 3 1/2 old 8pt and 5 1/2 old 8pt with two kickers.  for those into score one scored 110 1/2 and the other 141 3/8.  All done DIY style.  Pictures to come.

Gosh, Ohio must be the hunting heaven like some of you keep telling us! So, if someone goes to Ohio and knocks on some doors a day or two before the season starts asking for permission to hunt, Ohio landowners will gladly give it?? Knowing that Ohio has developed a reputation for trophy bucks, I really have a hard time believing that.  I know someone suggested bringing blueberry pies along when asking for permission in another thread a while ago, but I somehow don't think even that would get you anywhere in a well-known trophy region anywhere in this nation!