Finally caught a bobcat

Water Rat

17 minutes ago, goosifer said:

That must be the weirdest/hardest part about trapping, when you have the animal just sitting there and looking at you . . . .

@Water Rat How much is a bobcat pelt go for on the fur market? Or will you have it mounted?

I wouldn't have the heart. But i could shot it I felt so bad the one time in my hunting career where it wasent a quick kill  but i did recover him so thats what matters most. Nice job Water Rat the plus side with trapping though is the fur is perfect 

Edited by KMurph332

That must be the weirdest/hardest part about trapping, when you have the animal just sitting there and looking at you . . . .
[mention=787]Water Rat[/mention] How much is a bobcat pelt go for on the fur market? Or will you have it mounted?
It's, different.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 11:04 AM, goosifer said:

@Water Rat How much is a bobcat pelt go for on the fur market? Or will you have it mounted?

I'd be lucky if I got $50.00 for the fur. I decided to get it mounted.

• Like 5

A big CONGRATS on your cat, My Friend  !!!

According to an article in the NYS Conservationist,  the average adult female weighs around 14 pounds, so that is a good sized cat...

I lung shot mine with a .22 CB short from my S&W K-22...I was surprised how quickly it expired...Not much reaction to the shot at all, just kind of stiffened up and died..It didn't take more than 10 seconds...When I skinned her, there was no exit wound, and the entry wound was barely visible.. 

• Like 3