Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

been in the bahamas all week. I know who planned a getaway vacation during bow season. it wasn't me. anyways should be home by 3 I'm going out as soon as I can get my camo on.

I can top that, I got married on opening day of N/T rifle in 2003!

on the phone how can i post up pictures?

Depends on the phone you have, but if you have a smart phone, just setup a Photobucket account and download the app to your phone. When you take the pic(s), upload them to photobucket and copy and paste the link to your reply. Thats how I do it.

Watching some does wishing I would have recovered the one last night. I got summoned to help track a friends deer last night bout 3o min from home. Found a fair amount of blood but from what i could see it looked like a loin shot. She mist have bedded down within 100yrds and in my friends excitement he didn't wait more than 1o min and bumped her. We all know what happens when u bump a wounded deer. After a few hours my friend decided to quit ( after he had walked everywhere and turned over any potential blood on the leaves ) and i was getting annoyed at his tracking skills. God, I felt like he was wearing rakes on his feet. Hate giving up but it wasn't my call. Hoping I can show him how It's done today... G'luck all

This week im back on 3rd shift(i prefer this shift) so today im playing the role of mommy daddy..this is the first time i get to try to work out hunting on this schedule..work till 7am tomaro..then get out till 10 or so..no sleep till brooklin? Ill have friday off with 4 12s...thats why i prefer 3rd..as for now..jr is goin to school while my 3yrold and 9mo old are gettin ready to have the best rock concert ever held in chaffee...

Drove home from PA last night. Woke up at 5 AM and was just too tired to get my lazy ass up to go out. I am packing the truck after I sign off and will be spending the rest of the day in the woods. Hope to have some action.

Ok guy I had some chasing going on this evening.

4:45pm - Young buck came in at full throttle at a mature doe. The doe began to run in a circle around my stand at about 20 yards. She took off and he followed.

6:00pm - fawn feeding about 40 yards. Doe join them and begin feeding along side the fawn. I hear a very soft grunt and observe the young buck come pushing everyone around. I responded back with a soft grunt and he stopped and got curious. He continued pushing the doe around and at that time it got dark.

The one thing I can't get out of my head/nose is how I could smell the musky smell of the buck. It was a very pronounced smell. I had the smell at 4:45 and at 6:00. The wind was also hitting me right in the face.

I hope this field info. helps.