Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Went out this morning, beautiful conditions.It was 12 degrees with snow on the ground.Walked in a mile with my nephew.We slid down a steep hill and when we got to a ridge we realized too late that it was not someplace we could drag a deer out of.We spent the next two hours trying to get back up the slippery slope.Meanwhile we saw some deer down below but too far and had no idea how we would have gotten one out.Ended up finding a deer trail and was able to walk up the steep hill side but not before both of us had fallen a few times and banged up our guns and bruised my ego.I will not be hunting there again.Wow what a waste of time that turned out to be. :blackeye:

Good or bad a memory to share. My uncle and I talk about days like that around the camp fire. Good times...

You are probably right,I am sure my nephew won't forget today as this is his first year deer hunting. I would have liked for him to have actually been able to see a deer today up close but there is always next year.He didn't seem bothered by what happened so that is good.

Thanks Mbucks

Im just about to hop in the shower and head over to my dads land to finish out the season. He has seen a big buck hanging in the field by my stand each day for the last 3, and Ive been staying away to keep the pressure off of the area. Im gonna take a couple of sammies and spare hand warmers and try to make it an all day sit.