How did coyotes get on Long Island?

Rattler

And that is the reason that nobody including the DEC will ever admit to how they ended up on the eastern end of Long Island first. Usually when you have an expanding population, they will gradually extend their range from where it originated. In this case they ended up about 100 miles east of Manhattan and had to travel through the most populated parts of Long Island where there is probably more food than you would ever think. Just the feral cat colonies alone would be enough to feed the yotes for quite some time. I still think they were placed there. 

I agree someone released them and with the one on fire island I’d agree with the dec doing it. They’ve been trying to eradicate the red fox on fire island for years. I would hope they where smart enough to put spaded dogs not breeding ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take away nothing else from these conversation, remember these tips: coyotes are really scary; their presence on LI is part of a conspiracy; do not let the children out; or, the pets; and, never go out unarmed, especially if you are gutting a deer. The coyotes will take your deer from you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you take away nothing else from these conversation, remember these tips: coyotes are really scary; their presence on LI is part of a conspiracy; do not let the children out; or, the pets; and, never go out unarmed, especially if you are gutting a deer. The coyotes will take your deer from you.

Please tell me you are pulling my leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1