Does anyone .............

fasteddie

yes, not to the minute but early am. sunrise to 8, am 8-10. late 10-12. 12-2 lunch , 2-4 early afternoon, 4-sunset prime time. I have stands in the area the cams were in and then deem them sunrise stands,afternoon/primetime for example.. of course with 34 stands up my friends and i have lots of choices and options, then factor in wind and conditions. For example: I have 2 stands that are extreemly productive when very very windy would never have learned of it if not for cameras showing conditions and time. it resulted in a pope n young 10 buck being taken by a friend after he wanted to get on the backside of the hill out of the wind, i made him wait till 4pm cams showed it a prime time spot, and go on the edge of this field in full blast of the wind,(10degrees with wind chill that day) he wanted to go out earlier but i believe he would of froze off as it was cold!! his best buck ever and his new favorite spot for windy evenings!!

I don't log it persay, but if there's a specific buck/doe group moving through in a trend, I'll note it and hunt accordingly.

I shot two does and a small buck one afternoon during bow (in a season I had 5-7 days of actual hunting time). Camera told me that a doe with fawns moved through there at 2:30 p.m. almost like clockwork. I was able to slip in about 1:45 (October 26...still remember the date for some reason) on a nice wet, quiet woods. By the end of the afternoon I had the mother doe, another one, and a small buck down.

I usually entered those woods about that time (2:30) to start evening hunts back then (time constraints). I made the extra time that day and beat her to the spot.

This year, I've got a doe w/triplets coming through about 5:40-6 a.m in one area. Based on entry/exit requirements (very small parcel - sub 10 acres), I'm going to need to beat her in, in the morning. Not really out to get her, but I can't afford to be walking in there at 6:00 and meet her on the path.

Edited by phade

I'm a "Data Nut". I log everything. I keep a spreadsheet that records the picture number, date, time, (buck, doe, unident., fox, squirrel, etc., etc.), heading, camera location, and any comments. I can sort on any of these categories.

It may or may not present any kind of predictive uses, that's yet to be determined. But in general, any kind of information that I amass, including pictures, is lost if it isn't organized.

Perhaps there are short-term trends that might be recognized and be useful for hunting. For example, I have one particular area where there seems to be a pretty substantial amount of consistant daytime deer movement. That might continue, or it might end immediately, but it is something that's worth knowing. There are other trails that have been seriously mucked up that my cameras are now showing is purely "after dark" movement. Time spent hunting there would most likely be wasted time even though the sign would indicate that it is a hot-spot. Perhaps there are other long term general trends about deer movement that is just something interesting to know whether it helps our hunting knowledge or just fills in a few missing gaps about whitetail behavior. At any rate, the cameras are out there amassing all kinds of information. It would be a shame to just throw it all away.