Heavy winds

Karpteach

bring it! lol

they have been wrong before and will continue to be wrong... we could get snow this weekend too lol jk

hard to really play the wind out her on the island even when its called for one direction it always changes... whats heavy winds tho? 20+?

All I can say is at camp the wind does nothing but swirl. Its a rare occasion when it doesnt. Im on top of a massive hill . With lots of valleys and drop off etc. It is always windy I can sit there and blow some of the wind powder spray in the air and wachit float behind me and then in front of me well you get the ideal. Scent management is essential and we alway get deer of the hill.

Edited by wdswtr

My brother is begging me to take him out tomorrow on Long Island as it is the only day off for him for a bit. Heavy rains and wind coming. He is so intent on going. Anyone even see a point of Hunting in those kind of conditions? I have hunted in light rain and it has been great but heavy rain and wind seems like a better day spent in bed.

Jimmy the one problem I'm always concerned about in the rain is if you make a marginal hit on a deer and the heavy rain washes away any blood trail you have. If the deer isn't hit good and you start to track because of the weather you could push that deer and never find it. I've hunted during light rain but with today's weather I would stay home. Just my opinion.....good luck if you get out.

Jimmy the one problem I'm always concerned about in the rain is if you make a marginal hit on a deer and the heavy rain washes away any blood trail you have. If the deer isn't hit good and you start to track because of the weather you could push that deer and never find it. I've hunted during light rain but with today's weather I would stay home. Just my opinion.....good luck if you get out.

I agree... its a good way to lose a good buck during bow season, but I hunt the rain with gun

Edited by nyantler

Driving out East there was a lot of Deer out and about eating in the dark. Was nice in the woods untill 11am and then it got nasty with the heavy wind and rain. My brother and I left at 230 soaked. I only saw a fox but still I just love being out there. I will get back out next week. Thanks all for the advice and comments and gl.

My brother is begging me to take him out tomorrow on Long Island as it is the only day off for him for a bit. Heavy rains and wind coming. He is so intent on going. Anyone even see a point of Hunting in those kind of conditions? I have hunted in light rain and it has been great but heavy rain and wind seems like a better day spent in bed.

AGREE

Driving out East there was a lot of Deer out and about eating in the dark. Was nice in the woods untill 11am and then it got nasty with the heavy wind and rain. My brother and I left at 230 soaked. I only saw a fox but still I just love being out there. I will get back out next week. Thanks all for the advice and comments and gl.

Jimmy, you gave it a shot and that's all that counts. I'm glad you enjoyed it!