LONG ISLAND DEER REPORTS

Geno C

saw nothing in the AM, had a yearling doe come feed under stand for about 10 minutes at 10 yards and had a really nice buck work in behind me no shot op and he seemed to have a plan in mind cause he was workin through, slow n steady...

Saw about 15-20 does i stopped counting and i think this 1 button buck i keep seeing all in range on Fri night sat from 2 until dark, Same spot sat. evening a few less this night only 6 doe same time frame, new spot sun am sunup- 930 onlyone deer from behind at 100 yards i beleive it was a buck.

Hunted State Land yesterday. We were set to leave the car at 5:45, I see a red light 500 yards of were I was walking in. Now I know there was not a parking spot numbered for a car. I sit tight in the truck as I was freaked out. Hunted till 10 am and started to still hunt. I go over a hill and I see a ladder stand on the spot where I was hunting and a jerk running down the hill. This guy was parking down the road on a NO HUNTING area and walking in on a numbered spot were a few of us were hunting. I called DEC to moan. They wanted GPS coordinates of the stand and claimed that they have gotten complaints about this guy before. What would you guys do. I wanted to give this guy a hunting accident, but was talked out of it. What would you guys do?

Karp, let it go, it sucks ,but let it go. I was rabbit hunting upstate sunday on club, and a guy was bow hunting, no car parked anywhwere, and was not part of club, claimed his buddy knew the property owner. When I tried to talk to him, he just kept walking away, do not let it ruin your hunts, roll with punches, believe me , even happens on your own private property if you owned it.

• Like 1

Try this: I has some jerk get out of his truck and start shooting rounds into the woods I was down in right next to our camp site. Thankfully one of my hunting partners confronted him and he vacated the area... Shooting back or at some one is the wrong thing to do, it will only get you in BIG trouble. People do stupid things but it's wrong to teach people a lesson using a firearm... Inform the athorities and let it go, not worth getting into trouble over... Check that road before and after you come in to hunt Carp if you see the truck inform DEC. Now go smack a monster BUCK!!!

I have to work Saturday in the mucky weather but I'll be out all day Sunday and Monday. Sunday is my 17th wedding anniversary.....promised the Mrs. a nice dinner out after I get home. I told her I wasn't going to go out on Sunday but she told me it was OK to go. She's awesome.......I guess I'll keep her......LOL. Hoping that there is a big change with the deer movement this weekend. It's been a real slow October for me too. Good luck all.

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that I have also had a slow October on Long Island. I passed up a few small bucks early on. but the action quickly fizzled. I think I saw a total of 8 bucks through the course of the month. But very few does and none in range and presenting a shot. the last couple of weeks its been real tough. I would have never thought tin a million years that by the end of october I would not have had a gravy shot at a doe at some point.

Not sure if the movement is just down in my spots, or if too many hunters are in there and putting them off, or if maybe the deer have entirely changed their patterns this year in my areas. I usually make it a point to scout several areas and hunt the best ones. This year I decided to just focus on a couple of the spots that have been pretty good to me the past 3 or so seasons. I don;t know. I keep saying "maybe today the rutt will have them chasing". and nothing keeps happening. Was out this morning before the rain and didn't see anything from stand, but did see a few fresh scrapes in the area on the way out. Hoping for the best...somethings gotta click sooner or later.

good luck,

Al