LONG ISLAND DEER REPORTS

Geno C

Geno, come on don't throw in the towel yet, I check thich board every couple days hoping either you or karp bag a nice buck!!! If you do call it quits with the deer, let me know a good time frame in december we can plan a rabbit hunt.

th

Ill try lol. hopefully i can make a few hunts but im not banking on it. And deff on the rabbit hunts Anthony! that would be mint, i think i would have to buy an extra gun for it, my 12 is setup for slug lol

I cant wait to get back out on LI this weekend. last time i was out i saw 5 bucks in one morning. My friend hunted the same property today and saw six different bucks. two were chasing does real hard. They were all small with the biggest one being a small 8. we are still getting trail cam pics of some real nice bucks so i know they are around. good luck to anybody going out this weekend.

p.s. Geno dont give up yet i usually see the best action of the year in december on the island.

John

yeah maybe your right John... the past few hunts have produced some smaller buck action. Seems the bigger ones might have moved off and already bred the does in that immediate area of my stand? who knows but you have to be out to kill one. ill try and get out tomorrow

sounds good guys, i really appreciate the offer! Anthony keep me posted. hopefully i can break away from some of the work around the house and come out. Hopefully Karp can make it out too

Geno, I have a single shot 20 guage you can use,I bring every time I go as a backup, no need to buy another gun . Good luck if you get out tomorrow, I will be hunting for a christmas tree in mattituck with wife and kids, lol..

Geno , I have an Ithaca 37 in 12gauge you could borrow. Come and get it even If I'm not coming

went out with my brother yesterday morning. We decided to stay home from upstate since it has been real slow up there and hunt the island with our bows. turned out to be a good choice saw a spike chasing 5 does a small 8 pt and my brother took this guy around 815. he is going to post the story as soon as he can. I couldnt have been happier for him. Im going out this afternoon so hopefully today will be my day.

8390bdbb.jpg

John

Edited by mbucks27

I cant wait to get back out there this weekend. I will be hunting friday sat and sunday and hope with the cooler weather to see some good action. Good luck to whoever will be out there!!!.. It's getting down to the wire now with only a few more weeks to get it done on Long Island with the bow.

John