a good start

bubba

well in between monsoon rains saturday morning, I managed to get into the stand about 720AM. Long story short, there was no way I was taking out the flint lock. Well about 8 years ago I purchased for my father in law an H&R sidekick 50 caliber and put a 4x32 bushnell scope on it. Well he passed away before he could hunt with it. Anyway I decided to take it out yesterday with a load fo blackhorn 209 85 grains. Hornady XTP 240 grains and a harvestor crush rib sabot and winchester trilpe 7 primers. I have the modified metrics unlimited plug in it. My new 2 man stand is at a place where three trails come together that lead to three food plots, and there is a swamp right behind it.. When I was about 10 feet from the stand, I bumped a deer about 50 yards from the stand. I figured my morning was wasted, but I got up in the stand. Afterall, it was opening morning. The wind was blowing pretty stiff right into my face. In fact, it blew my hat off. At 8:02 according to my watch a nice doe came up the trail to about 65 yards from me, stopped and turned broadside. I dropped the hammer on her and she ran about 30 yards and piled up. I really though the world of my father in law and was pretty emotional. I crawled down reloaded, and walked over to the doe. As I approached, there was a break and the sun popped out. it was nice. i drug her to the trail and got the 4 wheeler.

post-202-0-36551100-1318794379_thumb.jpg

post-202-0-42858000-1318794436_thumb.jpg

Edited by bubba