Dead Deer by my Treestand?

NY-Archer

I'm usually all about the evening hunts. This morning I decided that I should take advantage of a spot that I've been working for literally 3 years. The spot is Gold to say the least. I've been watching an 8 pointer and a 9 pointer that will both reach over 140class. This morning I washed all my clothes sprayed myself down and headed out. I get to my spot and as I'm walking in I get the smell of death. It was so bad I couldn't continue walking in the same wind direction. I get to my tree and see not 15 yards away a blown up doe filled with bugs and smelly.

I'm assuming it ran there after someone shot her and either the person decided not to follow through or they simply weren't able to find her.

My question is how long before the doe decomposes? Will this affect the area? I hunted 200 yards away and didn't see a deer all morning. In this spot that usually doesn't happen. I was thinking about dragging her out or possibly even trying to bury her. I checked my camera that sits 40 yards away and I had pics everyday even when the dead doe lay there.

I've never encountered this. What are some of your suggestions?

I attached a pic of the 8 pointer who is still working the area.

post-1443-0-32871500-1318872538_thumb.jp

In my area the coyotes would have it gone already and problem solved. I know dear are not bothered by gut piles at all but a whole stunk up deer? I would go in in not your good hunting clothes and tie a rope to it and drag it at least a couple hundred yards away and let the spot rest a couple days. Put a game cam over the deceased to get some good scavenger pics.

This is just what I would do not based on any science, I just would not want to smell it and it should be fine to hunt in a couple days.

Most of the time dead deer dont affect other deer maybe just

for a day or so.I have shot deer and had others walk up on them

and not even give it another look.I have had fawns come and lay

down next to does .If it smells just drag it away from your stand but

when you disturb the woods is when you change the deers patterns.Also

I have had deer come crashing through the woods knowing they were

shot and never seen the hunter follow up so ya it might have happened

that way to.

its a cycle of life... Deer have come across other deer expired more often then not. i would say it wouldnt bother a deer as much as you think. Im not sure how the effects of a dead doe will effect a wise mature buck tho. I dont think it will effect a heards movement into that area all that much tho...

I'm on Long Island so predators are far and few between. I'm pretty sure the fox in the area will help the process along. I might give the spot a good week to air out before I go back. That puts me at around October 24 - 29 which at that point the woods should come alive according to the lunar scales.