Coyotes

Buck Down

I saw one last week down the block from my place while I was out walking my dog. I live in the Bronx. For me to see coyotes in my neighborhood it usually means it's over crowded up north, pushing the weaker coyotes down into the city.

I havn't seen any yet this year . An article in Outdoor Life says not to shoot them in your hunting area during deer season because they stink and will keep the deer away .

Screw that, shoot them! If you're concerned about the "stink", haul them away then or put the carcass near your buddys stand.

• Like 1

Got out of my stand last night to see if I had hit a doe at last light. Was looking for awhile until I found my clean arrrow. I was hearing coyotes way off all the time while looking. Well I start walking out and hear the same coyote howling, mind you it is now pitch black. All of a sudden one howls not 20 yards from me, close enough to where i could see his eyes glowing with my single bulb LED headlamp. I knocked an arrow but was nervous about loosing another broadhead as only his eyes were visible. For the next 40 yards I could have sworn that he was walking down the headrow to the right of me, because i would stop and something was still making noise to the right. Needless to say ,my pace was quickened and I kept an arrow knocked untill i reached the quad. So come rifle season I will have a brighter light, and hope to see him again.

Went out this weekend in Northern Sullivan county targeting coyote, came out with nothing. Heard one howling early morning yesterday when I was setting up but that was it. I've yet to see a coyote in the woods my whole life!

If you have too many yotes around and want to get rid of some, send me a PM, I'd love to take them out.