How wide is he?

njg0621

Got a pic of this 8pt that was right under my stand in broad daylight the one day that I decided to hunt a different stand. In the area of NY that I hunt this is like a 200" whitetail out west, they just usually don't get this big around here. How wide do you think he is? GOd I hope I get a crack at him!

post-1200-0-25196300-1319465982_thumb.jp

post-1200-0-67861900-1319466031_thumb.jp

I really don't believe they are the same buck. They are very similar, but the difference in width is obvious.

I think its just the angle of the pictures. Those are either twins or the same. Would be cool for him if he has twins like that running around.

Funny how you say ,, he shows up when you were somewhere else ! They don't get old by being stupid do they . I would set up in range of this stand and make him think you are not there ! Change it up a bit. That, is a nice deer.

Edited by mjac

Daylight buck is near 20" outside spread, the nighttime buck is about 18" outside spread. Rule of thumb is....their ears are generally 15-16" wide

You know I questioned whether or not it was the same buck also. I am not 100% that they are the same deer, I am kind of hoping that the aren't because 2 is better than 1! I am pretty sure it is the same deer just a different angle but I can always hope it is 2 different bucks. I will keep you guys updated on this deer for sure I really hope to get him.

What are the chances that two bucks that size are in the same area? What are the chances if they are two different deer they will tangle during the rut and bust up one of their racks? I think it's the same deer, but could be wrong.