Hunting near dead deer.

cbx46

Leaving the stand this afternoon for trick or treating I stumbled upon someones fawn shooting that they didnt care to retreive I guess not sure why anyone would shoot such a small deer but whatever. How do you guys feel about deer movement and hunting within say 100 yards of a dead deer? Kind of fresh no real smell yet prob this weekends amatuer hour.

post-186-0-05696700-1320108947_thumb.jpg

Deer live with death around them so it probably isn't a big deal . If anything . I would probably drag it out of any path / trail that might get used . I have had deer walk past and through gut piles before but not positive as to a reaction to a deer body laying there .

• Like 1

I was taught to always drag the deer far from my stand to gut them. I usually do it when I get back to camp, then put the pile in the bushes. I don't really think that it matters, but it's just the way I was taught. It does make for a heavier drag though. I guess deer are used to death, like fasteddie said. It's not like us walking down the street and seeing auntie Mable with rigormortis, laying in the ding weeds.