Finally found a videographer

What is the end goal? Festival? Pitch for a bigger project? Personal use? 

I think for the former, there’s a larger and more unique storyline than just the hunt. Two things come to mind.

You suggested you have a physical limitation. If it is something that would normally prohibit you from hunting but you muscle through it, that is an interesting angle and could find a receptive audience. Think “Doc of the Drakes”.

The other would be following the journey of yourself and this young women as she goes on her first hunt. I would get her a license and a rifle and video each other. You may find that being an active mentor brings knowledge out that wouldn’t necessarily come from capturing a  normal hunt. 

TV is my business, so feel free to reach out if you want to bounce an idea around. 

• Like 1

Theres a fair sized group of folks who video hunts now, especially those who are travelling.

They do Australia/New Zealand/South America.....feb/march/april/may

Africa....april to sept 

And Western US and Alaska.....sept to dec

Cost is $200-300/day for camera and raw footage+expenses (food and lodging). Includes stills and drone often now.

More often then not an outfitter will throw in living expense for some access to footage.

Additional editing is typical $100/day for a finished production.

They are often former guides/hunters and are very polished on tagging along not to get in the way  and get good footage.

Serious regret not taking up an offer for  hunt in 2018.

What is the end goal? Festival? Pitch for a bigger project? Personal use? 

I think for the former, there’s a larger and more unique storyline than just the hunt. Two things come to mind.

You suggested you have a physical limitation. If it is something that would normally prohibit you from hunting but you muscle through it, that is an interesting angle and could find a receptive audience. Think “Doc of the Drakes”.

The other would be following the journey of yourself and this young women as she goes on her first hunt. I would get her a license and a rifle and video each other. You may find that being an active mentor brings knowledge out that wouldn’t necessarily come from capturing a  normal hunt. 

TV is my business, so feel free to reach out if you want to bounce an idea around. 

I don’t really have an end goal. I’ve had a couple ideas but I want to see how it turns out before getting in too deep with it.

I got banged up a bit overseas, it’s not getting better that’s why I want to do this while I can.

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I would say is that it is much better to have a plan going in than shoot a bunch of footage and try and find a storyline afterward, especially with a single camera and shooter. Speak from experience.

“Banged up overseas” as in military service? If so, that’s a good hook ... a veteran’s last shot at a Big Woods’ whitetail. 

If it’s “banged up” because you slipped in spilled beer on the floor of a girlie bar in Bangkok ... maybe not. 

• Haha 1

Oh man, so many wise-zzz comments to make here.....

Srsly tho, if I knew how to do it, I would at no charge, just to tag along and gain some knowledge. Never tracked an animal and suck at still hunting.

You had the BEST story last season with your buck that you dragged like 600 miles out of the woods. Still the coolest post!

• Like 1