Early Morning Tompkins County Buck

bleonard

Nice deer, but if you can figure out where hes going to at that time, you could get closer to that area and catch him coming in. Look at aerial maps, etc and figure out where hes going, probably a bedding area. Dont wait too long, the chasing and seeking phases of the rut are going to kick in soon and then all bets are off.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn he's bigggggggggggg. Hey bleonard my mom has property up near you. Its a shame I havent been up there in years though. It was my grandparents place and I use to hunt it as a kid ( never took it too seriously back then). Its a fairly long ride up there from Long Island and its hard to get any of my buddies to get time off to go up there and fix up the cabin thats there. I did see some huge bucks up there when we did hunt( only did shotgun back then never bow). Its 12 acres and it runs thru the county line of Chemung and Tioga county in the town of Van Etten/ Spencer. I even hunted Connecticut Hill one time as a kid.I remember that was pretty rough terrain in spots there. I gotta get back up there soon.

Here is the problem with finding him during the daylight. This cam is about 85 yards off a major road - across the road we cannot hunt. I am pretty sure he is heading down across the road into a dense swap with thick pines. We have cams in the opposite direction where we do hunt but have not been seeing him regularly on those cams (only a couple times in a month). We do have at least three 10's and some nice 8's on the other cams, which I will be trying to get a nice close look at tomorrow! :)

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn he's bigggggggggggg. Hey bleonard my mom has property up near you. Its a shame I havent been up there in years though. It was my grandparents place and I use to hunt it as a kid ( never took it too seriously back then). Its a fairly long ride up there from Long Island and its hard to get any of my buddies to get time off to go up there and fix up the cabin thats there. I did see some huge bucks up there when we did hunt( only did shotgun back then never bow). Its 12 acres and it runs thru the county line of Chemung and Tioga county in the town of Van Etten/ Spencer. I even hunted Connecticut Hill one time as a kid.I remember that was pretty rough terrain in spots there. I gotta get back up there soon.

Where about in Van-Etten/Spencer? Sounds like near Mcduffy Hollow or Vennel Rd. I have family in Spencer that have two great pieces of land to hunt, one on Vennel Rd and one on Hulbert Hollow

Where about in Van-Etten/Spencer? Sounds like near Mcduffy Hollow or Vennel Rd. I have family in Spencer that have two great pieces of land to hunt, one on Vennel Rd and one on Hulbert Hollow

Our property is off Washburn Rd I think. I'd have to ask my mom if that is the name of the road.