Deer Processing

Sab

Ive done a search and couldnt come up with anything. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good deer processor who also does sausage, maybe some kielbasa or jerky. I live on the Island but hunt up in the Catskills, Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sab

Invest in a good meat grinder and do it yourself. I've been doing it myself for 6 years. Just bought a decent electric grinder (used a hand crank type - took forever and very messy) which I'm looking forward to use hopefully this Sunday.

I think a lot of us on this forum process our own. Am I right??

Edited by Deerthug

I have not used this butcher for deer processing as I butcher all my deer, but a friend of mine was crunched for time once and used this butcher in Brooklyn. I know the butcher as I have bought non venison meat from him in the past and he has been in his current location forever from what I'm told. I recently tried some venison sausage from this guy and it was awesome. I called this butcher out of curiosity and he gets $125 to skin ,butcher and will process the meat into anything you want. Hes not far off the belt parkway and guess you could drop off on the way down from the catskills on your way to the Island? Just a thought. Let me know if your interested and I can locate their number. Heres a quick link to make sausage if your attempting to make your own, I might make my own sausage this year...

Edited by NYBowhunter

NYBowhunter I'll take his name and number if you can find it. I'd appreciate it.

Joe Ive used Richie in the past and he's done mounts for me and all but he doesn't make sausage or kielbasa etc and all Ive ever heard about is how great the stuff is and I figured I'd give it a try this year. Thanks for all the help; guys

NYBowhunter I'll take his name and number if you can find it. I'd appreciate it.

Joe Ive used Richie in the past and he's done mounts for me and all but he doesn't make sausage or kielbasa etc and all Ive ever heard about is how great the stuff is and I figured I'd give it a try this year. Thanks for all the help; guys

Its Brenmans Prime Meat Market # 718-743-0555.

There's a place just off Rt. 97 in Sullivan Co. north of Port Jervis. Is that close enough to where you hunt? You'd have to call him to see if he makes what you're looking for. If you're interested I'll try and track down his number

Edited by Groundpatrol

Its Brenmans Prime Meat Market # 718-743-0555.

Thanks a bunch, truly appreciate it

Ground patrol I'll take the number but I'm going to call the place NY Bowhunter gave me. If NY Bowhunters place can't do it or doesn't do it anymore I'll try your guy. Thanks to all

Sab

I understand that you are looking for a reliable processor. in my opinion the best person is you yourself..dont know your situation and whether you have a garage or the time to do it but, i find that this is just another part of the whole hunting experience for me and i enjoy doing it just as much as i enjoy persuing, cooking and consuming the animal...

Edited by Western NY Hunter
  • Like 1