Skeeters

Doc

Ever try to concentrate on a shot when you're practicing and while at full draw you hear that whine in your ear or feel a bug or two bouncing off your face. Those stinking bugs drove me right off my archery range today. There was that and also that annoying trickle of sweat running down the middle of my back. Tomorrow the thermocel goes out with me and I'll be starting my shooting earlier in the morning. Maybe a shot of Yard Guard wouldn't hurt either. I just started my regular practice for this year and am trying to make an attempt to get out there every day, but ol' Mother Nature is really trying to mess with me.

Any of you guys starting to get into a regular shooting routine yet? Yeah, I know some of you never stopped, but I've had quite a few months without any shooting at all and it's time for me to get started. But I can't ever remember a year when the mosquitos were as vicious as they are this year.

Doc

I was loosening up yesterday after several days off . I planned on shooting today but it was 91 degrees out so I did some reloading in the basement .

I walked out back of my friend's house in Walworth to check for tracks . It wasn't too bad on the way out but the Skeeters were horrendus on the way back to the house . The ones that really get me are the skeeters that get you right in the middle of the back . Ouch .

Black Flies are usually quite prevalent during the Turkey Season but it's skeeter season now .

The worse place I can ever remember being for mosquitos was Onslow Beach NC . WE had mosquitos , ticks , chiggers and sand fleas . The bottled repellant they issued us would burn your eyes when you perspired . Nasty !!!  ???

Just the other day I started shooting a few new Radial X Weave arrows I picked up - they fly great btw. But even in the back yard if the wind is nill it won't be long before the skeeters zone in. I'll practice with a headnet on at times but for just a few shots I usually skip that.

I've heard good things about the Sawyer products. Given chinamart seems to not be stocking permathin much anymore it might be worth looking into. Thermacells do work against skeeters and seem to be affective against small black flies. I just don't care for how much it is for the refills. The deer flies seem to be unaffected anyway.

Get a Thermacell, they are magical lol. Seriously, they just plain work.

heard that as well... do you use one?

Yep, use them in very early bow season and for camping, bonfires. You get them in camo or I think a couple diff colors. They also make a lantern with LED lights in it. The refills arent that bad if you buy them in the larger packs.

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/