Cabelas Outfitter Gen3

JimR

My first venture into owning a trail camera. I’ m fortunate to have a friend who works part time at Cabelas and offered to use their store discount (45% on Cabela and Bass Pro merchandise) so I sprung for 2 of these cameras. All the specs seem good, not sure if a 2 sec recovery time is OK. They are low glow as opposed to no glow, hoping that’s not a issue. Anyone using these ? Any thoughts, advice, tips or tricks? Heading up to camp for a couple nights soon so I’ll be able to get them set up and check them for function.

2 sec is a long reset time , you may want to set it in a feeding area or if on a trail nearly looking down it as compared to perpendicular to it as you may miss trailing animals walking single.file a longer look down a trail may give you multiple shots as activation zone will be occupied longer., I look forncamwras.with fastest rest.time possible if setting perpendicular to .trails . Its not.as.critical in a feeding.area as animals stick around longer. , you may also want.to set.for multiple shots on trails as.many times deer are.moving quickly.and.multiple shots may make up for longer reset times as a second or 3rd animal maybe in a 2nd or 3rd photo in a series.

Clear.actvation zone from anything wind may blow into activation zone and give.you nothing but moving limbs / weeds

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

It's made by Boly. Boly uses wider sensing zones so their trigger and recovery times are longer than the industry norm to match the sensing. It'll still work out OK; they can be trigger happy a bit in sun and weeds blowing.

But they also aren't the worst cam ever made, either. You're fine for the discount you got on it.

• Like 1