Allegany State Park

Arcade Hunter

I was able to rent a cabin on Beehunter for opening week of gun this season.  I was curious if anyone on here has hunted the park in the last few years.  Back in the day I hunted the park (80's and early 90's) often and it was usually a total shit show!  One could not get a cabin in there during gun season without reserving at least a year in advance and the place was crawling with hunters.  Even so, our group would get a cabin at Highbanks and drive to the park each day to hunt and the group as a whole always did well.

My impression now is that there will be less pressure in there as doe tags for 9S are easy to get and there are still cabins available.  The park, being such a big area, appeals to me because you can get back in there and maybe not see another hunter all day if you do it right.  

Anyone hunt there in the past few years that would like to share the  experience ?

On 9/3/2020 at 8:48 PM, BowmanMike said:

Let's do it. Next year?

You guys wanna do it next year I have some great intel on that place and would love to make the trip. I hunted with some locals that I still stay in touch with and they actually enjoy teaching me more about hunting the park than they care about hunting for themselves. 

2 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

You guys wanna do it next year I have some great intel on that place and would love to make the trip. I hunted with some locals that I still stay in touch with and they actually enjoy teaching me more about hunting the park than they care about hunting for themselves. 

Oh man,that sounds awesome. I would be up for that. My schedule is flexible...

• Like 1