Squirrel

Skillet

Yes the weather ridiculous this "winter". Once it get above 40ish the ticks get active again and I didnt even think about it till I saw them coving my legs. I did a through check once I got home and only one made it to skin.

As for squirrels, Ive been finding a TON of activity and tracks when there is snow on the ground but spotting them lately has been difficult. The greys I have gotten that were males were well endowed as they get ready for mating season. What a mess that part makes when trying to get a clean skin of a hide...

Walt have you headed north to my neck of the woods at all?

We walked through the county land with the "pond", lots of guys drive trucks back there by the looks of it and the pond is washed out. It looked like it might hold some small game, lots of pines and moderately thick stuff. I did see plenty of deer tracks there.

Hey thanks Walt!

What's with the ticks? I thought it's too cold for them to be active now. Did you use insect repellent?

No insect repellent as it was a impromtu stop inbetween service calls. I was heading down for a issue, got called off and the other site pushed out the machine availibilty till later that evening. Seems like most of my stops are like this as its like pulling teeth to try to get free time on the weekends.

Walt have you headed north to my neck of the woods at all?

We walked through the county land with the "pond", lots of guys drive trucks back there by the looks of it and the pond is washed out. It looked like it might hold some small game, lots of pines and moderately thick stuff. I did see plenty of deer tracks there.

Ive been planning on it. I did alot of scouting and found cuttings and piles all over. Most of my sites have kept me further south down the northway the last few weeks. I hope to be up there tomorrow actually.

Speaking of deer tracks(beds and droppings) they are all over the albany pine bush. Ive been using their trails and there are predator tracks all over theirs too. Ive seen a few VERY large ones I would swear are bobcat. They are broad and deep and well off the beaten track of being a dog.

Killed a squirrel last week in Naples that dwarfed the Grey I shot before it. It had more red on it too. I think it was maybe a fox squirrel. Anybody see them in the southern tier? I've only seen a few others like it.

Haven't seen anything like it but from what you're describing, it sounds like a fox squirrel.