Squirrel

Skillet

I used my .410 single shot. Elmo, and his brother Pete, used 12's, and Shawn used his air rifle. We were there for, I would say, maybe 5 hours. We did see a lot of squirrels, but we didn't sit in any spots too long though, because of the wind. If there had been no wind, and we just spread out, and sat, there's no question we would have bagged many more.

Was this the shotty one, or pellet?

Sorry the other was no good, we'll get more next time, no doubt.

This is the one you took. If you look closely, I got the bottom of the ribs out. That's where the pellet went through. Shot the liver.

I remember when I was a kid, I had a Crosman air rifle that looked like an M16. Looks like they are bringing the same gun back with a slightly different look. Same pellet clip, storage in the fake magazine and everything. Mine didnt have the adjustable stock or picatiny rails though.

I have one of the Crosman Phantoms, its a great shooting gun. Some of the new Crosman hunting pellets look interesting though, I may have to try them out.

I remember when I was a kid, I had a Crosman air rifle that looked like an M16. Looks like they are bringing the same gun back with a slightly different look. Same pellet clip, storage in the fake magazine and everything. Mind didnt have the adjustable sight or picatiny rails though.

I have one of the Crosman Phantoms, its a great shooting gun. Some of the new Crosman hunting pellets look interesting though, I may have to try them out.

Those lead free ones may become a go to pellet as few places here in the Capital District strongly suggest or plea for hunters to use non toxic shot.

I have to admit to the though of launching those Nosler in .25 at squirrels make me as giggy as a kid on Christmas Eve

Nice stuff. It'll be nice if they put a Pellet Assortment package together for us .177 guys.

BTW, I found a source for the .177 destroyer pellets for cheap, might stock up on them. Does anyone have any luck with those pellets as far as accuratcy?

They didnt group as well I would have liked. They were the best I could find at first,I couldnt miss with them. Then my stock to barrel screws came loose and after I retightened them they just didnt group. Cant explain it. Try 'em out and see how they work, then buy accordingly. I have a bunch of expensive .177 cal pellets from PA for you to try if we link up sometime for a squirrel hunt.

• Like 1

This is my favorite way.

1. Dip squirrel in egg.

2. Roll it in bread crumbs.

3. Brown it in olive oil and butter. (cast iron is the best)

4. After it's browned on all sides, add equal parts white wine and orange juice.

5. Simmer it until tender.

me and 2 buddys went out squirrel hunting in 9n today i seen 3 reds my buddy seen 2 reds and his brother seen one red. the wind was crazy the squirrles all seemed to be hanging in the very top of the pine trees not really moving much at all i was luck enough to see the 3rd squirrel 20 yrds away half up the tree that was the only one taken today. still felt great to get out and walk around. i would say that i easily covered a couple of miles and between the 2 of them they may have covered a couple of miles none of us crossed a deer track or a coyote track the entire day.