Online ammo

6 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Cost of 2 rounds $22  . Cost of gas to get to and from hunting spot for the day $12 . Cost of turkey calls and gear is  who knows .  Time used to hike in , hopefully shoot one , then time to clean it even at slave labor of $1 an hour we will call it worth $10.                                                                                                                                              Total cost of turkey if you do shoot one the 1st time out  approximately $52  with no cost of gear included

Cost of turkey going to the supermarket . 99c a lb for fresh cleaned 15 lb bird  $15 . 5 lb bag of potatoes $2.50     3 lbs of fresh peeled butternut squash $ 6.  Bag of fresh trimmed and washed green beans $2.50 . Bag of corn $2 . Can of cranberry sauce $2 . Can of gravy $1 . Apple pie from the bakery $ 6 . Pack of 12 IPA $15                       Cost of supermarket turkey dinner , dessert and beer  $ 52

So can someone remind me why its such a great idea to get up at 4am and fight ticks all day to hopefully shoot a turkey ?  LOL

I love when non-hunters think about how much $ we save by hunting.  Hunting makes no economic sense as a means toward reducing your food costs.  The same is true for fishing, especially if you own a boat.

9 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Cost of 2 rounds $22  . Cost of gas to get to and from hunting spot for the day $12 . Cost of turkey calls and gear is  who knows .  Time used to hike in , hopefully shoot one , then time to clean it even at slave labor of $1 an hour we will call it worth $10.                                                                                                                                              Total cost of turkey if you do shoot one the 1st time out  approximately $52  with no cost of gear included

Cost of turkey going to the supermarket . 99c a lb for fresh cleaned 15 lb bird  $15 . 5 lb bag of potatoes $2.50     3 lbs of fresh peeled butternut squash $ 6.  Bag of fresh trimmed and washed green beans $2.50 . Bag of corn $2 . Can of cranberry sauce $2 . Can of gravy $1 . Apple pie from the bakery $ 6 . Pack of 12 IPA $15                       Cost of supermarket turkey dinner , dessert and beer  $ 52

So can someone remind me why its such a great idea to get up at 4am and fight ticks all day to hopefully shoot a turkey ?  LOL

I'll gladly pay the $52 for a spring gobbler.  It's too much fun hunting them. 

57 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

I love when non-hunters think about how much $ we save by hunting.  Hunting makes no economic sense as a means toward reducing your food costs.  The same is true for fishing, especially if you own a boat.

DD I am a hunter and fisherman and you are right about the costs . But the value of being out there in the outdoors is just PRICELESS ! They just dont understand the  peace of mind that it gives us .

57 minutes ago, mowin said:

I'll gladly pay the $52 for a spring gobbler.  It's too much fun hunting them. 

Absolutely ! Just every moment out in the woods or on the water is so much fun . It just doesn't get any better than being out there .

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

DD I am a hunter and fisherman and you are right about the costs . But the value of being out there in the outdoors is just PRICELESS ! They just dont understand the  peace of mind that it gives us .

Absolutely ! Just every moment out in the woods or on the water is so much fun . It just doesn't get any better than being out there .

SNH I too am a hunter and fisherman and feel the same way.  When I am out there I am in complete peace and have no worries on my mind.  Just truly being in the moment and part of nature.  The experience and memories lasting a lifetime.  The best response to people is "if I have to explain it you won't understand"; only like minded people understand.  I agree it is PRICELESS and to me that explains and justifies all the money and time I spend in these pursuits.